Trying to not be paranoid. Help to Reducing security software alongside emsisoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I remember when secure a plus was relesed i simpatize whith developer i think is a good software. About Vodooshield is litle diferent than i use. Now do you think is really good measure using it?
In theory Emsi haves realtime protection and behavior shield and only let run good apps, vodoo block every file. I think in a hipotetic malware attack

1.- Bypass my fw
2.-Bypass Heimdal traffic
3.- Bypass Vodoo
4 .- Emsi was the last layer

But Vodoo and emsi Behavior blocker dont do the same? Voodoo in more agresive way?
Honestly the chance of malware bypassing VoodooShield in the first place is incredibly slim as is. Also factor into account that Emsisoft may detect the malware via signatures before it has a chance to execute.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It is prefered. :)

I would exclude the whole install folder of the other security programs because it will still monitor any child programs they spawn. That is what i was told by @Fabian Wosar
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12

Thanks @Umbra and @SHvFl :)
Done;)
EAMexclusions2.PNG

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I love really love how you discuss every point here and really open user minds and give us more knowldement. I feel more pacific. Now i am using emsi and SAP (I like more than Vodoo), I hear HMPA are very good software. Now i feel better I want to know what do you think about emsi and comodo firewall? Emsi and Comodo FW or Emsi SAP and Comodo?

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy

Now i feel better I want to know what do you think about emsi and comodo firewall? Emsi and Comodo FW or Emsi SAP and Comodo?

Didn't you try EAM + CFW in the past and had all kinds of problems - correct ? Wasn't that you that spent months on the Emsisoft support forum trying to get them to work together ?

Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.