Tuning up utilities can corrupt a security product?

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
That's pretty interesting. Any possible explanations beyond the realm of magic?
Well, even my fix failed to fix that, so it could not have been just cleaning the cache. I guess cleaning registry did the trick, it is not the first time Windows had a problem like that, there was an update for 10 once, which just cleaned the registry to get updates working, people who used reg cleaners, did not have the problem. CCleaner finds ~200 entries after clean install and I use deep cleaning in WiseCare. A wrong reg reference can break symlinks and other stuff.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I second the effectiveness of a regcleaner/reg defraggler
my old windows 7 desktop became really slow that disk cleaners and several reboots didn't help. I used reg defrag and it immediately fixed that problem

second time and third time with the exact same issue, registry defrag saved the day

I use CCleaner + CCEnhancer, DiskMax, Privazer and sometimes Wise Cleaner
Privazer seems to clean the least trash
sometimes, wise cleaner can clean several hundreds of MBs more after I use all other 3 cleaners

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.