Advice Request Typing delay problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ashauie

Thread author
Oct 7, 2020
I am having a problem towards typing on the searchbar of youtube (typing delay) and i saw a post that kaspersky may be the problem so i tried the method they suggest which > uncheck the - 'inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages' but it did not work. After that, I removed the Kaspersky extension in the browser and then the typing delay has gone. So my question actually is, is Kaspersky Extension really necessary? Should I add it back or not?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I am having a problem towards typing on the searchbar of youtube (typing delay) and i saw a post that kaspersky may be the problem so i tried the method they suggest which > uncheck the - 'inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages' but it did not work. After that, I removed the Kaspersky extension in the browser and then the typing delay has gone. So my question actually is, is Kaspersky Extension really necessary? Should I add it back or not?
Worth checking a settings called "HTTP/s Port/App scanning" in kaspersky. Not really sure if the setting name is what I have written.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Tbh I didn't try Kaspersky for quite a while. Maybe you can make a screenshot of the Web Anti-Virus settings and send it here. I think HTTPS scanning is enabled by default tho.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
IMO, extension is not necessary, but I would reenable script injection if it doesn't cause you any problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.