Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Important: As of October 20, 2020, uBO-Extra is discontinued and is no longer present in the Chrome Web store. Instart Logic's anti-user agent technology appears to have gone away and consequently the extension has become useless, as its main purpose was to foil Instart Logic's 3rd parties obfuscation technology.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I never used it myself but that's two of his projects gone. Maybe I should go back to ABP or Adguard.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I never used it myself but that's two of his projects gone. Maybe I should go back to ABP or Adguard.
There is still enough development going on for uBlock Origin:
Beta version just released yesterday.
I think maintaining three extensions was too much work for him.
It's not a bad thing to put your focus on just one extension.
So, I'm not worried for now.
AdGuard would be the best alternative I think but for now I will be keeping uBlock Origin.
We will see what will happen after manifest v3 is implemented in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
There is still enough development going on for uBlock Origin:
Beta version just released yesterday.
I think maintaining three extensions was too much work for him.
It's not a bad thing to put your focus on just one extension.
So, I'm not worried for now.
AdGuard would be the best alternative I think but for now I will be keeping uBlock Origin.
We will see what will happen after manifest v3 is implemented in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Cool, thanks :D Agreed, focusing on one project probably a good thing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.