Advice Request ublock origin filter(s) for profootballtalk

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I need a little help here. For the life of me I cannot understand why I cannot get this website's videos to play correctly with uBo enabled. I've enabled everything for that particular site, even the connections I know to be trackers. But the site's videos still don't play. However, if I disable uBo from that site everything plays fine. Of course that's not ideal.

Any ideas?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I just clicked on like five of them on your site and they all play. Plus, Firefox is sandboxed, hardened mode. version is 1.41.6. Has your uBO updated yet? I would purge and update.

If not, maybe disable all your imports and custom rules, refresh, and go from there.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Oh. I solved it! In this case, cdn.cookielaw.org could be expanded by clicking the small red area on the far left, and that presents another connection. Enabled that connection allows everything to work. I never knew that was even possible. I always thought the red/green at the start on the connection meant either blocked or allowed. That's not the case.

1645217433289.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.