Advice Request [Ublock Origin] How to block Amazon items sponsored result search?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
all default filters enable. already purged caches. Amazon site
chrome_7TcNn9trln.png

chrome_ukCae5EBR7.png

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@SumTingWong

Amozon is the 3rd largest advertising and tracking network in the world in terms of traffic on its own website :)

It is as @oldschool says first-party ads and server side tracking. It is the largest on-line retailer (with AliBabi) in the world. They can always track you when you log-in. Blocking first party advertisements and server side trackers could also prevent you from getting deals and discounts or break something in the pay & purchase flow of events.

You could add the first line of the picture below to your My Filters and check whether you have My Filters enabled in My Filterlists.

1640212859651.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
@SumTingWong

Amozon is the 3rd largest advertising and tracking network in the world in terms of traffic on its own website :)

It is as @oldschool says first-party ads and server side tracking. It is the largest on-line retailer (with AliBabi) in the world. They can always track you when you log-in. Blocking first party advertisements and server side trackers could also prevent you from getting deals and discounts or break something in the pay & purchase flow of events.

You could add the first line of the picture below to your My Filters and check whether you have My Filters enabled in My Filterlists.

View attachment 263054
Add "||amazon-adsystem.com$3p" to My Filters don't work.
These are effectively 1st party ads since you're on Amazon, the world's largest retailer. µBO Hard Mode will give you the cleanest page FWIW.
If i add this to element picker, will it block this Amazon sponsored ads track me?

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

When you log-in to a website, you agree to the terms and conditions and you will be tracked by storing cookies in your browser and often a 1 pixel picture on the server of that website.

Element picker hides stuff, does not block it. Hard mode blocks third-party not stuff from that website itself (first-party), so no

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I know this is not what you've asked for, as it's not a uBo filter. But I was having the same issue; unable to come up with a uBo filter that worked. I was, however, able to find a tampereymonkey script that works perfectly. See it here. I hope that helps.

MickyFoley

May 5, 2022
Digging up the topic:
Code:
amazon.com##.s-featured-result-item
won't free up the space.
Code:
amazon.com##.sg-col-inner > * > * :has-text(Sponsored)
will.

P.S.: Yes, registered just to write that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.