Advice Request Ublock Origin: How to block Javascript on specific site?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
How to block Javascript on specific site in UBlock Origin? I know UBlock Origin has an option to BLOCK ALL JAVASCRIPT on all sites, but if I want 80% of the websites to function I must enable Javascript. Let say I want to block a specific website Javascript, how I can do that?

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
1543501321726.png

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

You do not have to pay in order to use the Adguard extension in Edge.
I was using the desktop version. I just installed nanoadblocker and it does have that option. Why do you like Adguard better? I had never tried the extension before. I see nano doesn't have the slide out to the left showing the web sites like ublock does.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I was using the desktop version. I just installed nanoadblocker and it does have that option. Why do you like Adguard better? I had never tried the extension before. I see nano doesn't have the slide out to the left showing the web sites like ublock does.

Personally, i would use uBlock for Edge but seeing that it is not regularly updated and its being provided by someone else other than Raymond Hill, i just stay away. Adguard substitutes very well.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Nano has a drop-down GUI when you click on the icon. Like uBO in post #2 above, you click on the lower righthand corner in Nano to disable JS for that website. Please explore the drop-down window of Nano by hovering over the icons to see what they are for. If you want precise user instructions, please see the uBO website for details. gorhill/uBlock

Nano in Edge is based on uBO version 1.17.0. uBO in Firefox is version 1.17.2, so Nano in Edge is very concurrent with uBO in Chrome and Firefox. This is one reason using Nano in Edge is better than uBO for Edge (which is not maintained by Raymond Hill). Nano, like uBO, is a wide spectrum blocker which includes but is not limited to adblocking. In Advanced mode it can function as a firewall for your browser, increasing security against malware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.