New Update uBlock Origin update thread and discussion

Web Extensions
467 Replies 126,223 Views
Thread details
I believe most extensions are up to date.

Sometimes the Edge extensions even get the update before the Chrome extensions.
uBO Lite is now up to date.
Other extensions like AdGuard and Bitwarden are up to date.

The only issue now is with uBlock Origin being one version behind and that is probably because Nik Rolls did not push the update yet.
Somebody else who must push/publish the extension for Raymond Hill (gorhill) is the complicating factor here.

For AVG extension, I would ask their support if I was using AVG, maybe they just forgot or want people to use the chrome extension.
That is something only AVG can answer.

It is not Microsoft who publishes the extension, but it Microsoft who verifies and can make things sometimes more difficult.
If I have the choice I would prefer to use the Edge store version to the Chrome store version, in the hope that it is verified to run without any problems on Edge.

But this is becoming off topic on an uBlock Origin update thread.
 
Last edited:

uBlock Origin 1.59.0​

 
Starting with Google Chrome 127, there will be a warning for uBlock Origin (uBO) in your chrome://extensions/ page:

a


This is the result of Manifest v2 support being deprecated in favor of Manifest v3.

uBO is a Manifest v2 extension, hence the warning in your Google Chrome browser. There is no Manifest v3 version of uBO, hence the browser will suggest alternative extensions as a replacement for uBO:

b
 
Oh great. Been trialing UBOL and comparing with Ghostery for a bit. Firefox is a good shout though depending on my security setup e.g. using MD I'd be more inclined to use Edge. Anyway, at least we know it's fastly approaching.
 

uBlock Origin 1.60.0​

To install the stable build:

 
(fwiw) in firefox automatic updates set to "default" shows I'm still running 1.60.0 at 18h40 utc
It takes some time; every store is at 1.60.0 at the moment:
 
uBlock Origin 1.62.0
 
uBlock Origin 1.63.0
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top