Yeah. Mozilla recently announced they will speed up process of updating recommended extensions significantly.Already available for Firefox.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yeah. Mozilla recently announced they will speed up process of updating recommended extensions significantly.Already available for Firefox.
Unfortunately, I have uBOL no more after starting using Brave to verify the claims.I don't have this problem right now.
@Parkinsond
You don't have any problems because Brave Ad-Shield blocks less than uBo.
It is more limited in blocking “allow cookies” requests, even with the same subscribed filter lists.
It is also more limited in blocking ads, again with the same subscribed filter lists, because Brave's engine applies fewer rules more efficiently than uBo.
To verify this, just run a few tests.
It’s fair to say, however, that tracker blocking is more effective when using the same subscribed filter lists.
Its effectiveness decreases, of course, for those who use dynamic filtering in uBo.
![]()
uBO is still available for Edge but I stopped using both regular and L.uBoL?
I think I wrote uBo.......
If you revert to domain noops you'll be using very easy medium mode. Almost no point in using it this way when you could simply use it in default mode, not as "advanced user".I've been trying out stripped back dynamic rules to just the below but I had to literally noop every website I wanted to do anything on and just a bit annoying with dozens of websites
* * 3p-frame block
* * 3p-script block
So I have considered going back to adding domain noops but maybe that's not a good idea.
* com * noop
* eu * noop
* info * noop
* io * noop
* net * noop
* org * noop
* uk * noop
Maybe I need to Ask AI or open to advice/suggestions.
I've been trying out stripped back dynamic rules to just the below but I had to literally noop every website I wanted to do anything on and just a bit annoying with dozens of websites
* * 3p-frame block
* * 3p-script block
So I have considered going back to adding domain noops but maybe that's not a good idea.
* com * noop
* eu * noop
* info * noop
* io * noop
* net * noop
* org * noop
* uk * noop
Maybe I need to Ask AI or open to advice/suggestions.
Thanks. Trying to persevere with the hard mode but it just gets annoying when doing for example online purchases and having to whitelist for captcha or verification pages. My only other enabled extension is Osprey currently.Yes, you are using Medium mode + TLD.
Therefore, the domains on the TLD list would be in Easy mode, relying solely on the filter lists you have subscribed to for protection.
It’s possible that, for some of these domains, you’ll need to allow certain TLDs not included in the list to ensure that some websites function properly.
Obviously, the biggest advantage of this dynamic approach is for domains not included in the TLD list.
Considering that some recent extensions provide the same dynamic filtering but include both whitelists and blacklists, you might see greater benefits while significantly reducing the number of websites that don’t work.
This isn't hard mode. Please consider that once you build your ruleset in medium mode you'll be all set for sites you visit regularly and be familiar with what to CDNs, captchas, etc. to noop. Or in the altenative, do as @Sampei.Nihira suggests above.Thanks. Trying to persevere with the hard mode but it just gets annoying when doing for example online purchases and having to whitelist for captcha or verification pages. My only other enabled extension is Osprey currently.
Thanks. It's been about 3 years since I changed up my rules and this more recent move was to try and get a good balance of security and usability. Firefox is my main browser currently so trying to take full advantage of uBO but maybe I just need to start from scratch and figure this out.This isn't hard mode. Please consider that once you build your ruleset in medium mode you'll be all set for sites you visit regularly and be familiar with what to CDNs, captchas, etc. to noop. Or in the altenative, do as @Sampei.Nihira suggests above.
Thanks. Trying to persevere with the hard mode but it just gets annoying when doing for example online purchases and having to whitelist for captcha or verification pages. My only other enabled extension is Osprey currently.
* * 3p block
Indeed, they both continue to receive the most recent version of uBlock Origin, so why not?is ok to continue to use uBO on Edge and Brave? Cause I have no more time to follow all the things![]()
- [logger] Preserve whitespace characters
- Improve proxy-apply utility scriptlet
- Improve abort-current-script scriptlet
- Improve prevent-addEventListener scriptlet
- Add shim for piano-analytics.js
- Improve trusted-click-element scriptlet
- Add prevent-clipboard-write scriptlet
- Improve prevent-bab scriptlet
- [jsonpath] Increase RFC9535 compliance
- Dot notation before bracket notation is not valid
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes