Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
These are the new additions

Per-site JavaScript master switch
A new per-site switch has been added to the popup panel, which acts as a master switch for JavaScript for the current site.

This master switch has precedence over dynamic filtering rules and static filters related to script resources.
Furthermore, when JavaScript is disabled through this master switch, noscript tags will be honoured on a page (as opposed to when just using filters/rules to block script resources).

As with some other per-site switches, the default state of per-site JavaScript master switch can be set in the Settings pane, thus allowing to disable JavaScript everywhere by default, and enable on a per-site basis:

Temporarily toggle per-site switches
From now on, changes to the state of per-site switches will be deemed temporary if and only if the overview panel is visible, regardless of whether "advanced user" mode is enabled.

Cache storage compression
A new advanced setting: cacheStorageCompression, default to true. When true, uBO will lz4-compress data before storing it in its cache storage in supported platforms. Currently, the only supported platform is Firefox/Firefox for Android.
The cache storage is used for storing downloaded filter lists, compiled filter lists, selfies. See uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues#141 for related discussion.

gorhill/uBlock

For FF Quantum download

uBlock Origin – Add-ons for Firefox

For Chrome download

uBlock Origin

Edit :- Chrome version released

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Edge doesn't get this update because the Edge extension is maintained by somebody else:
Microsoft Edge
Developer: @nikrolls.

Stable version available in Microsoft Store.

Development version available at nikrolls/uBlock-Edge.

Note that issues specific to the Edge fork are the responsibility of the current maintainer, I have no control over the code base of the fork.
The latest release for Edge was on the 10th of April version 1.15.24:
nikrolls/uBlock-Edge

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Use Nano Adblocker and you can employ the JS feature. It's just better overall than uBO and is one reason I prefer Edge.
Thanks for reminding me of Nano Adblocker (y) Normally I would prefer the original uBlock origin, but for Edge it's a fork not actively maintained by another. So Nano is a better choice I think.
For Edge Nano Defender is not in the store (yet).
So enabeling the filter "Nano Defender Integration" (not checked by default) does nothing?

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for reminding me of Nano Adblocker (y) Normally I would prefer the original uBlock origin, but for Edge it's a fork not actively maintained by another. So Nano is a better choice I think.
For Edge Nano Defender is not in the store (yet).
So enabeling the filter "Nano Defender Integration" (not checked by default) does nothing?

Edit: I have to laugh because I had JS disabled and couldn't add my message to reply. :rolleyes: Can't say exactly if Defender does anything... and I have no frame of reference because I haven't used stand-alone Defender in another browser yet. I have noticed however that NA in Edge is much better than uBO in Firefox for blocking some persistent 3rd party frames when I go to certain sites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
:ROFLMAO: Raymond Hill has implemented an old change request of mine (temporary website blocks) (y)

so now I have asked for another one (suppressing strict-blocking warnings).

EDIT: change request would provide another hassle, so did not make any sense to implement (and logical result is that the request was rejected)

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
With uBlock0rigin it is easy to block sponsored ads on Startpage, how do you block sponsored ads on StartPage of DuckDuckGo with ScriptSafe?

Reactions: oldschool

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Have you enabled 'Block Unwanted Content' in Privacy Settings?

Default: enabled; remove unwanted content from known ad / malware domains; domains gathered from MVPS HOSTS, hpHOSTS (ad / tracking servers), Peter Lowe's HOSTS Project, MalwareDomainList.com)

Might not block all ads though
No, I always disable them all, just third party blocking. With uBlock0 I can add a few specifc blockrules for startpage in My Filter (also in Adguard, Adblock etc). Thanks for the reply and tip, though

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.