None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Avast Pro Antivirus
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Default - Settings are balanced for security and performance
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
SUPERAntiSpyware PRO
Browsers and Extensions
Chrome and Firefox. Extensions in stalled on both: AdBlockPlus, LastPass, NoCoin, Buster: Captcha Solver, I don't care about cookies
Web Privacy
ExpressVPN
Password Management
LastPass
Default Web Search
Google
System Utilities
Revo Uninstaller Pro, WinRAR, CCleaner, SyncBackPro, FastStone Image Capture, PDF-XChange Editor, Splash Media Player,
Data Backup
SyncBackPro
Frequency of Data backups
Weekly
System Backup
Macrium Reflect Home Edition
Frequency of System backups
Rarely
Computer Activity
PC Gaming
Online banking
Browsing web and email
Install new programs on a weekly basis
Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
Download files from different sources
Computer Specifications
Alienware Area-51m Laptop
Intel i9-9900K
GeForce RTX 2080
64GB 2666 MHz. DDR4 RAM
2x 2TB Samsung 960 PRO [RAID 0] + 2TB Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD

yashiscool

Level 1
Good Setup :emoji_v: Some apps like SuperAntispyware are native now but overall good setup.
Just one suggestion, If you want, you can think about Disk Encryption softwares (BitLocker).

Reactions: Nevi and bribon77

LDogg

Level 28
Verified
My advice:
  • It's imperative you have Smartscreen enabled, kinda no excuses to have this off really and it's in built with Windows 10
  • Remove SUPERAntispywarePro, it had it's time, it's now outdated, replace this with ZAM Free 3.0 & MBAM Free (maybe NPE)
  • Replace your current adblocker with uBo or Nano Adblocker if you wish
  • For extensions you can remove NoCoin & i don't care about cookie (if replaced by above), you can use both these extensions as a filter list provided on filterlists.com
  • Also for extensions use Emsisoft Security Extension, has a better detection rate for web based threats compared to that of Avast, maybe have Netcraft to think about dealing with phishing sites
  • Add Tinywall or Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as a compliment the native Windows Firewall
  • Set Avast's hardened mode to aggressive
  • (optional) add in Syshardener to default settings
I really hope these pieces advice help further your config into a more protective system with the outdated software and crap you don't need

~LDogg

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 14
Verified
My advice:
  • It's imperative you have Smartscreen enabled, kinda no excuses to have this off really and it's in built with Windows 10
  • Remove SUPERAntispywarePro, it had it's time, it's now outdated, replace this with ZAM Free 3.0 & MBAM Free (maybe NPE)
  • Replace your current adblocker with uBo or Nano Adblocker if you wish
  • For extensions you can remove NoCoin & i don't care about cookie (if replaced by above), you can use both these extensions as a filter list provided on filterlists.com
  • Also for extensions use Emsisoft Security Extension, has a better detection rate for web based threats compared to that of Avast, maybe have Netcraft to think about dealing with phishing sites
  • Add Tinywall or Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as a compliment the native Windows Firewall
  • Set Avast's hardened mode to aggressive
  • (optional) add in Syshardener to default settings
I really hope these pieces advice help further your config into a more protective system with the outdated software and crap you don't need

~LDogg
Great advice (y)
The “I don’t care about cookies” extension is more powerful than its list added to any adblocker according to its developer (and confirmed by me):
Be aware that the filter list is not as effective as a browser extension but it will hide most cookie warnings.

Reactions: harlan4096