Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Due to the lack of efficacy of currently available anti-malware applications it was determined that an extensive unbiased test should be run on the most excellent newcomer to the security market, Umbra Total Security.

Materials and Methods- A malware sample set consisting of 143,213 unique trojans and viruses (or is it virii?) were collected. All samples made their first appearance less than 45 seconds prior to the testing run.

Along with Umbra Total Security (UTS), Norton Internet Security 2016, Kaspersky Pure Internet Security, and Sophos Endpoint Security were compared. Testbed is a fully updated Windows 95 system with 512MB of RAM. Note that each of the 143,213 malware samples were run individually and allowed a full 10 minutes to operate.

Results:

1). Norton- In spite of an initial excellent showing from Insight, after only 100 samples the computer became totally unusable due to malware activity, and post boot analysis determined the system to be thoroughly infected. Although this poor result may indeed prove the claim by Symantec that traditional AV products are dead, it may also be due to the massive layoffs at the company in order to increase Executive bonuses.

2). Kaspersky- KIS breezed through 66,014 of the samples without issue until it came upon a sample of the Ukrainian Freedom trojan which exposed the horror of using this product. Upon reboot a screensaver of Vlad Putin being led away in handcuffs was evident. Total Fail.

3). Sophos- I hate this product and as I'm sure it would have failed why bother to actually test it?

4). Umbra Total Security- A pleasant surprise here. Not only were the entire set of malware samples detected even before they were introduced on the system, but from the start UTS connected to the Internet, searching and eradicating malware Worldwide (I enabled the Search and Destroy mode in Settings). Even more surprising was that the identities of the malware authors were uncovered and submitted to Law Enforcement in the countries where the Authors resided. Follow-up on subsequent Police actions determined that 2413 people were executed in China (after a 5 minute trial); 3697 malware authors from the USA were released to the custody of their parents after it was determined that such recidivistic behavior was due to Junk Food and not for any monetary gain. (The families of the defendants are suing McDonalds for 5.6 billion in Court Costs and pain and Suffering).

Conclusion- As it has been seen Umbra Total Security has exceeded all reasonable expectations and may actually be the death-knell for malware worldwide. Overall I give it a 95% score, with the deduction of 5% standing until UTS develops a blue GUI to match my eyes.

I would like to thank the Umbra Polaris Corporation for sponsoring this test.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I actually heard that when you install Umbra Total Security on the machine, one part of the software "escapes" host machine, brakes any firewalls in specific network, autoinstalls on the other systems and servers and clean every malware it can find ( also disabling security program on whatever machine it installs).

So, can CruelSister Incorporates confirm that this could be considered as a malware behavior?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Umbra Total Security systematically removes any & all security extensions (except Maxthon's Ad Hunter & LastPass) thus allowing it's superior detection to operate unencumbered providing a remarkably smooth browsing experience while denying access to infections that "Won't Be Back".:D

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Cruelsister, perhaps you forgot to mention something important, with the latest update on UTS, there is more advanced technology on USB Protection, yesterday my friend were planning to plug in his USB on my laptop, and yes there is malware on his USB, however the malware cannot spread on my laptop, simply because the USB were removed by it self, and after that..there is voice behind of us, he said "this USB contain serious malware, I removed it for your own sake" and I was surprised! because it was terminator who talking to me! it's Arnold! he even say "Ill be back". Oh my, this is a great innovation from terminator's technology! lucky for me I had free lifetime license for UTS! this product is freaking awesome :cool:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Cruelsister, perhaps you forgot to mention something important, with the latest update on UTS, there is more advanced technology on USB Protection, yesterday my friend were planning to plug in his USB on my laptop, and yes there is malware on his USB, however the malware cannot spread on my laptop, simply because the USB were removed by it self, and after that..there is voice behind of us, he said "this USB contain serious malware, I removed it for your own sake" and I was surprised! because it was terminator who talking to me! it's Arnold! he even say "Ill be back". Oh my, this is a great innovation from terminator's technology! lucky for me I had free lifetime license for UTS! this product is freaking awesome :cool:
which AV u r using now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.