Unable to connect to Wifi after removing PremierOpinion and Santivirus-protection-lite adware

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Two days ago the performance of my laptop decreased rapidly. I discovered that i had PremierOpinion on my laptop. I was not able to uninstall the program, so i used Revo Uninstaller Free suggested in the blog.

I also discovered santivirus-protection-lite. I used So Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro and AdwCleaner to remove some of its files. I noticed that some of its files were still on my computer. I was able then just to delete them and emptied the recycling bin.

Unfortunately, although i am connected to network on my laptop, i am not able to connect to the Wifi any more. I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop.

When i restarted my laptop, it would keep going back to the safe mode. So i had to use StartUp repair to fix that issue.

When i run Windows Network Diagnostics, it said at first that Malwarebytes didn't support https. Now even that message is not displayed.

I wanted to do an additional scan with Zemana AntiMalware and download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, but i am not able to access the Internet in the safe mode anymore.

I would be really grateful if you could help me please. Thank you very much

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Russo

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi ,Alena...! Welcome to MalwareTips ..! :) Please publish all logs from Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro and AdwCleaner ..!

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe then click "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • Logs from Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro and AdwCleaner

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Hello, icotonev :)

Thank you for your response.

I do not have connection to the internet in the safe mode anymore and not able to open Malwarebytes or download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool :-(

• Sad

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Recovery Environment

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a USB flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

Boot in the Recovery Environment
  • Plug your USB Flash Drive in the infected computer
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 10, follow the instructions in this tutorial on TenForums
    Note: If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on TenForums.

Once in the command prompt
  • In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter)
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for it to complete
  • A log called FRST.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive
  • Close the command prompt and restart the computer
  • Plug the USB flash drive into the clean computer and locate FRST.txt on the flash drive
  • Please copy and paste the contents of FRST.txt into your reply.

Please copy and paste any requested logs into your reply unless requested otherwise.

• FRST.txt

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Please find the required FRST, HitmanPro and AdwCleaner logs. The logs were not saved in the Malwarebytes folder for some reason

Thank you very much for helping me

I am really grateful!

Kind regards,
Alena

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Addition.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
  • HitmanPro_20200517_0049.log
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[C00].txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 8
  • AdwCleaner[S00].txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 8

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

Please download the attached file * fixlist.txt * to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

• Fixlog.txt

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 8

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Hello, icotonev :)

Thank you very much for your response. Please find the requested file.

Kind regards,
Alena

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 6

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , Alena ...! Great ..! :) Let me know how the computer is doing...?

Re-scan with FRST - Normal Mode

• Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Hello, icotonev!

I am able to access the Internet! And the laptop seems to be performing well. Thank you so much!!!

Unfortunately after running the FRST scan, i was not able to find the FRST.txt in the folder. Although the confirmation message stating that the "Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located", the 2nd message came up saying that "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission" and a blank notepad opened up... The Addition.txt contained quite a few errors.

So i run a system scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free and Emsisoft Emergency Kit, but the FRST.txt file still has not been created and the same message came up.

The touch pad on my laptop has stopped working a while ago. I updated the drivers, but it did not fix the problem. I wonder if i have another virus (as a mouse cursor sometimes starts moving all by itself and i would have to restart the laptop to settle it down) or maybe it is just a manufacturer's fault...

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,
Alena

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Good Morning,

I have started to receive the following notifications:

Emsisoft Protection:

A major problem has prevented the application from starting. Emsisoft Security can’t connect to the service application. Please restart your computer and try again or contact support if the problem persist.

I would be grateful if you could tell me what i should do.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. Should i run the FRST scan in the Recovery Environment?

Alena

Thread author
May 17, 2020
Hello, I have moved the FRST64 file on the desk top and was able to complete the scan. I would be grateful if you could let me know what i should do next. Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    29.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    151.4 KB · Views: 2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.