Advice Request Unallocated disk space at the beggining of disk. Any way to merge with main partition?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I recently cleaned up all recovery partitions left behind by Windows 10 upgrades but one of them was at the beginning of the disk. I thought I would be able to just move the partions and merge the free space to C: but no tool I tested seem to be able to do it. Any ideas? I won't format the machine just to recover that space, the install is working well, no need to format it. Captura de tela 2021-07-19 100822.png

boombastik

Level 2
Verified
Dec 17, 2018
You will make a an image with macrium reflect free and then will restore the image with the partition and how you want(with the help of a bootable usb that can be done with macrium). You must store the image in an another hard drive so then you can restore it.

It gives also the option when you restore an partition to expand it . So you will restore partition 1,2,3 expanded 500 mb and the 4

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
You will make a an image with macrium reflect free and then will restore the image with the partion and how you want.(with the help of a bootable usb that can be done with macrium) you must store the image in an another hard drive so then you can restore it.
You mean deleting all partitions first then restoring from backup?

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The Macrium Reflect way will work but will probably result in an unbootable system because your BIOS won't be looking at the right place on the disk for the files it needs. This is easily fixable with the Macrium Reflect boot repair tool.
If all else fails, just restore your image exactly like it was before, and you are back to where you were before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.