Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Didn't work.

Failed to load extension

FileZ:\Extract\chromium-web-store-1.2.3
ErrorManifest file is missing or unreadable
Could not load manifest.
Have you set the flag as below

chrome://flags/#extension-mime-request-handling to change from "Default" to "Install always" to make it prompt the user to install. "Default" will cause you to download the extension's crx file instead.

and

Enable Developer mode at the top right corner in the Extensions page

After that

Download the zip file and extract again. The below files/folders should be in the unzipped folder. Load unpacked the unzipped folder again

1614491514548.png

If all else fail then remove the Ungoogled Chromium browser, re-download and install again. I'm using the installer version NOT the zip version.

BTW, what OS are you using?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

Sammo

Level 2
Jan 27, 2012
Have you set the flag as below

chrome://flags/#extension-mime-request-handling to change from "Default" to "Install always" to make it prompt the user to install. "Default" will cause you to download the extension's crx file instead.

and

Enable Developer mode at the top right corner in the Extensions page

After that

Download the zip file and extract again. The below files/folders should be in the unzipped folder. Load unpacked the unzipped folder again

View attachment 254718

If all else fail then remove the Ungoogled Chromium browser, re-download and install again. I'm using the installer version NOT the zip version.

BTW, what OS are you using?
Yes

Reactions: Nevi

Opc9

Level 4
Aug 2, 2020
The first time I installed Ungoogled Chromium I got a shock of my life because it does not prompt you with any dialogue boxes
it just installs and finishes without any indication. I thought I was doing something wrong with the install.