CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Key Features:
  • Completely remove any software! (using Install Tracker (Installation Monitor) and Uninstall Wizard ™ technologies)
  • 3 Times Faster than standard removal program
  • Uninstall Windows Store Apps, System and Hidden programs
  • Add/Remove Programs that automatically run at system startup
  • Portable Mode: run from USB flash drive
  • Uninstall Programs that could not be removed by Add/Remove program.
  • Force removal of uninstall related registry & file system items
  • Smart Search ™ allows quick finding of any application you need.
  • Native X64 version for 64-bit versions of Windows (single setup)
  • Batch Removal operations
  • Highlighting of recently installed applications in the list
  • Navigate to a selected program's Registry Entry, Installation Folder and its Web Site.
  • View Detailed Information of a certain application installed on your computer.
  • Easy to use and modern User Interface allows to work comfortably with Uninstall Tool.
  • Multilingual interface with native support of 35 languages
  • Control Panel icon, HTML reports, running different Windows tools and much more...

Uninstall Tool 3.5.10 changelog:
  • Fixed error 740 when launching Install tracker using context menu on some computers #47
  • Fixed removal of disabled startup tasks
  • Fixed rare crash when uninstalling certain apps with Uninstall Wizard
  • Multiple small fixes
Homepage

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Is anyone using this program, if so, what can you say about it?
Do any tests with it exist that says anything about its effectiveness in monitoring/uninstalling?
For monitoring installations, in my experience, Total Uninstall is the best. It's not cheap, but it works very well. For just scanning for leftovers after uninstalling software, I really like HiBit Uninstaller because it's free and works very well. While I have tested the installation monitoring in HiBit, Total Uninstall does a better job at ignoring things that are unrelated to the program being monitored.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In my opinion, if each software does a perfect uninstall without leaving a trace of itself, the demand for this kind of uninstall-only software will disappear.
Neutral help is necessary to break up a relationship that will not break up cleanly.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I used to use GeekUninstaller a few years ago, for some time, the software its based on. It was quite good and extreme lightweight. Seeing as the website is the same design as Uninstall Tool by CrystalIdea, maybe it got acquired in the meantime?

From the about page:

Geek Uninstaller Pro​

Pro version of GeekUninstaller is called Uninstall Tool and it's developed by CrystalIDEA Software company based on my code.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
For monitoring installations, in my experience, Total Uninstall is the best. It's not cheap, but it works very well. For just scanning for leftovers after uninstalling software, I really like HiBit Uninstaller because it's free and works very well. While I have tested the installation monitoring in HiBit, Total Uninstall does a better job at ignoring things that are unrelated to the program being monitored.

Ok. But this does not say anything about this program;).
But since you answered, how good is IObits uninstall tool? As far as i know i remember you saying, in another thread, you have tested it.

Reactions: Nevi and Dave Russo

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Ok. But this does not say anything about this program;).
But since you answered, how good is IObits uninstall tool? As far as i know i remember you saying, in another thread, you have tested it.
IObit Uninstaller currently does a terrible job at scanning for leftovers. HiBit and Revo will usually find a lot more leftovers. The Pro version of IObit includes an install monitor which automatically monitors installations. The install monitor can't monitor all installers, but for the ones it can monitor it works well and can even monitor multiple simultaneous installs.

As for Uninstall Tool, it works well and I haven't got anything bad to say about it. But for monitoring installations I recommend Total Uninstall. For scanning for leftovers I recommend HiBit or Revo, but Uninstall Tool is nearly as good.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
IObit Uninstaller currently does a terrible job at scanning for leftovers. HiBit and Revo will usually find a lot more leftovers. The Pro version of IObit includes an install monitor which automatically monitors installations. The install monitor can't monitor all installers, but for the ones it can monitor it works well and can even monitor multiple simultaneous installs.

As for Uninstall Tool, it works well and I haven't got anything bad to say about it. But for monitoring installations I recommend Total Uninstall. For scanning for leftovers I recommend HiBit or Revo, but Uninstall Tool is nearly as good.

Even the free version of IObit has monitoring.
I just got my Pro license for it due to a translation job so i am going to test the following programs in the coming days: HiBit, Revo Pro, IObit Pro and Uninstall Tool Pro. Will post the result here on MT.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
So how do you explain that i have been using the FREE version for a week and it has monitored all installations during that time.
The Install Monitor is now included in the free version.

In the past it was only available in the Pro version. I didn't realise that it was now available for free as I only use the Pro version. Giveaway Pro licenses are readily available.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
The Install Monitor is now included in the free version.

In the past it was only available in the Pro version. I didn't realise that it was now available for free as I only use the Pro version. Giveaway Pro licenses are readily available.

I like the fact that it starts monitoring, without user input, every exe that one starts.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I thought to ask you, because I was thinking of getting it, since its one time purchase, lifetime key.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I thought to ask you, because I was thinking of getting it, since its one time purchase, lifetime key.

Ok.
Well i have nothing to say about it since i have never used it and do not know much about it. But it seems to be popular as being Geek uninstaller Pro.

Reactions: amirr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.