New Update Upcoming Windows 11 Feature lets you Kill Processes from Taskbar

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Windows 11 will let you end tasks directly from the taskbar

Microsoft will soon add a new way to end unresponsive processes in Windows 11 in the form of a new option that will show up when right-clicking an app's taskbar icon.

The new functionality is currently in development as a hidden feature of Windows 11 build 25300 in the Windows Insider developer channel.

Personal note: for once, something I can relate to and actually appreciate. (sorry not a fan of 11). I'll check it out when it trickles down to Beta.

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
You should give windows 11 a chance its got better. :)

Yes, this is a valid point--I've actually run 11 since it debuted (is that the proper spelling?) back in late June 2021 using a bootleg ISO of the DEV build. Currently I run it a few hours/month on a separate drive and just updated it to the latest Insiders Beta build. Never had any complaints about its performance and function--it runs perfectly fine on here--it's hardware-compliant.

I just don't like it from a personal perspective--I won't bore anyone to death with an explanation. Everyone's prob. heard it all before. :sleep:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
This is convenient!
However, if you have a habit of choosing menus with vigor, misuse can lead to unexpected task terminations. I often make such mistakes.
Changing specifications for familiar operations can be a trap for failure.;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar
Microsoft is set to revolutionize the user experience of Windows 11 with the introduction of a much-awaited force quit option and a range of taskbar improvements. In response to user demands for a more streamlined and efficient app management process, Windows 11 will now enable users to forcefully close unresponsive or problematic applications directly from the taskbar, mirroring the functionality found in macOS.

Alongside this feature, Microsoft has unveiled other exciting additions, such as enhanced archive support, a cutting-edge AI assistant, and a dedicated platform for developers. Let's delve into the details.

Windows 11 users can now bid farewell to the hassle of navigating through the Task Manager to terminate unresponsive apps. The force quit option, akin to its macOS counterpart, will reside conveniently on the taskbar as we saw in the previous Insider build.

With a simple click, users will be able to swiftly close crashed or buggy applications, freeing up system resources and ensuring a smoother overall user experience. This highly anticipated addition was initially spotted in early test versions of Windows 11 and has been officially confirmed by Microsoft at the Build developers conference.

1685007862959.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.