Update now to Windows 10 april update ( Sping creators ) before release 30-4

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
If anyone has Windscribe, can you try to use your VPN and see if you run into any issues especially with IKEv2? I ran into too many and rolled back.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Also installed on a HP Probook here, no loud fan and not getting warmer. Norton works as should all my apps work. No complain here.
I came from windows 10 v1511
I also tried 1709 in the past and I had similar issue
maybe if you have v1511, it would be cooler

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
i will try to keep myself away from a coin toss of bricking my system as long as i can.
and the incompatibilites lmao
There is never a good reason to rush these updates but almost always a good reason to delay them.

Agreed! But I'll take any WD improvements they make. Most of the rest is fluff and bloat.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I tried it out about a week and a half ago.
I was not able to enable Core Isolation, which was the main feature that interested me.
And I had issues with my printer driver.
So I went back to Fall Creators, and I am not in any rush to update at this point.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Installed 1803 build 17133 a few weeks ago over the top of 1709. No issues to date whatsover, except I had to disable Secure Rules and Secure Profiles in Windows Firewall Control 5.3.0.0, otherwise I couldn't open Edge or Windows Defender console.

Today, I did an inplace upgrade to bld 17134.1 and that went without a hitch. Immediately applied the first update for 17134.1 (KB4135051) which brought it up to 17134.5.

So far so good and not bad for a Dell Vostro Core 2 Duo 8400 PC, circa 2008

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
No. I just upgraded and tested Windscribe. IKEv2 is still broken. Reset drivers, disabled IPv6, deleted registry keys all did nothing. But UDP works much much better now so hopefully Microsoft will have it all fixed with the next updates.
no.PNG

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.