Mixing Software : Virtual Dj Pro 7
virtualization / rollback : Shadow Defender
Uninstaller : Revo Uninstaller Pro
Dns : Norton Safe Connect
Instant Messaging : Skype
file zipper : 7zip , winrar

Driver Updater : Driver Genius
Emergency toolbox on usb flashdrive :

Drwebcureit , Adwcleaner , Ultra Virus Killer , E.e.k. , Comodo Cleaning Essentials , Farbar Recovery Scan Tool , Mini Tool Box , Otl , Npe , Rkill , C.c.e. , Roguekiller , tdssl killer , toolbar cleaner , Tweaking.com windows all in one repair .

Rescue disks :

kaspersky and Eset

Hirens bootdisk

P

Plexx

Thread author
RE: sushiman setup

It is unusual to see users with ESET.
Do you have HIPS enabled? If so what settings are those?

Other than that only thing I can recommend is browser addons: WOT and Adblock plus; as well as Emsisoft Emergency Kit as an On Demand scanner.

Solid config.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Biozfear said:

Other than that only thing I can recommend is browser addons: WOT and Adblock plus; as well as Emsisoft Emergency Kit as an On Demand scanner.

Solid config.

Hello Biozfear!
thank you for your comment!!
I have the hips with standard settings , the rest of the components ( except the firewall ) I have all options ticked! I prefer bd traficlight over wot , or is it advisable , to run those two together??? I have adblock as addon :p
and I will look into that emsisoft emergency kit scanner!!

P

Plexx

Thread author

sushiman said:
Biozfear said:

Solid config.

Hello Biozfear!
thank you for your comment!!
I have the hips with standard settings , the rest of the components ( except the firewall ) I have all options ticked! I prefer bd traficlight over wot , or is it advisable , to run those two together??? I have adblock as addon :p
and I will look into that emsisoft emergency kit scanner!!

Standard settings as in Automatic mode? If so, I suggest you to change to learning mode and then after 14 days run as Interactive or Policy Based.

Reason being automatic mode follows rules but if you look at rules, you simply have one rule...

I am not that experienced with BD Traffic Light, so I will let others comment on that.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012

Nice Config. It is uncommon that people have non admin accounts. I was about to suggest Emsisoft Anti-Malware then I saw A-Squared (same company, same thing, just a name change)

S

starchild76

Thread author

Malware Maniac said:
Nice Config. It is uncommon that people have non admin accounts. I was about to suggest Emsisoft Anti-Malware then I saw A-Squared (same company, same thing, just a name change)

thanks for all your replies , this will certainly give me something to work with :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Hi,Sushiman very good configuration.
I just want to know that is there adblocker on your web browser if not use adblock plus and ghostery.
You can also look for ccenhencer which will improve ccleaner function.

P

Plexx

Thread author

sushiman, I think you forgot to check one thing: hows the HIPS settings in your ESET.

Edit: OP has now switched to Learning mode.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Nice setup. Love that you have a backup option there :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

very good config,

instead of Wise cleaner , you can just use Wise 365 , it includes Cleaner and add the other softwares.

BD traffic Light is a good URL filter, i used it for a while without any issues.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Change In My Setup :

Removed : Eset Smart Security , Auslogics Diskdfrag , Auslogics Registry Defrag , Auslogics Registry Cleaner

Replaced with : AVG Internet Security 2013 ( RC ) and AVG PcTuneUp

P

Plexx

Thread author

sushiman said:
Change In My Setup :

Removed : Eset Smart Security , Auslogics Diskdfrag , Auslogics Registry Defrag , Auslogics Registry Cleaner

Replaced with : AVG Internet Security 2013 ( RC ) and AVG PcTuneUp

Are you testing AVG on your host machine or a virtual machine?

S

starchild76

Thread author

I am Using it on My host machine right now and I have not come across anything buggy yet , It runs smoothly.....but when It gives me trouble , I just load a clean Image!

S

starchild76

Thread author
RE: Fresh Formatted Config Sushiman : 12-10-2012

did a windows reinstall today , and updated my config a bit , thought I would be nice to go the comodo route this time :)

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

sushiman said:
did a windows reinstall today , and updated my config a bit , thought I would be nice to go the comodo route this time :)

Good Choice :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Does anyone observed a long launching time of Kiosk?

S

starchild76

Thread author

ZeroDay said:
sushiman said:

Good Choice :)

thanks zero day :) I would really like to try out comodo's software again , the only one I do not want to try is comodo time machine!!!!

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Kiosk is launching fast for me so far.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Umbra Corp. said:
Does anyone observed a long launching time of Kiosk?

umbra mine loads just fine a couple of seconds , no slowdown or lag :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

did it ask you to download & install Dragon & Silverlight

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.