RE: Fresh Formatted Config Sushiman : 12-10-2012

Umbra Corp. said:
did it ask you to download & install Dragon & Silverlight

yes I did umbra!

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

me too, but sometimes i have to wait 5mn before Kiok appears and some other time, less than 20sec...especially when i want switch from tablet to desktop and vice-versa...

S

starchild76

Thread author

removed CIS 6 , because my laptop fan was blowing most of the time and that annoyed me , also the memory ussage is a tad higher than 5.10 , replaced it with panda cloud free and kingsoft antivirus free 2012 , complimented with the comodo firewall.

S

starchild76

Thread author

removed comodo firewall , now protected by panda cloud pro and kingsoft antivirus 2012 free

S

starchild76

Thread author

removed : Panda cloud pro and kingsoft antivirus 2012 , replaced with avast free and online armor free : like this setup so far , nice and simple and light on system recources......just the way I like it :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

welcome to the club ^^

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012

Haha Avast! is in fact, awesome.

Online armor is better than COMODO?

S

starchild76

Thread author

thanks umbra!!!! you make me feel right @ home :)

S

starchild76

Thread author

bsod , comodo firewall can be configured more and has a sandbox added , online armor on the other hand has " run safer ".....comodo has almost no popups ( according to the way you configure it ) and online armor has many , many popups! online armor has also got a webprotection module. performance wise o.a. has a bit more resources , but in effectiveness the are almost the same.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

i agree with Sushiman observations.

S

starchild76

Thread author

the thing that comodo firewall misses is some form of webprotection module , othet than that it is the best choice , if you want a highley configurable firewall , that is not talk active and with low recources usage.... if its my choice , i would definitaly go for comodo! used it for years , without any complaint...in the few days that I have used o.a , my memory usage is fluctating ( sometimes 100% cpu ussage ) fan blowing most of the time and laptop overheating...also firefox loads up slowly and freezes from time to time , so I am definately going to switch back to comodo , non of the problems mentioned above with comodo!!!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

You mean Comodo *Internet Security* (Antivirus or Firewall), a web protection module would be beneficial for those you do not like the Comodo DNS service.

sushiman said:
the thing that comodo firewall misses is some form of web protection module

S

starchild76

Thread author

Earth said:
You mean Comodo *Internet Security* (Antivirus or Firewall), a web protection module would be beneficial for those you do not like the Comodo DNS service.

sushiman said:
the thing that comodo firewall misses is some form of web protection module

I mean comodo internet security suite , as we know comodo dns is not the best in its league.... when you have cis as main protection its advisable to ad wot or bd trafficlight , to tighten security layers and also a better dns service , like norton safe connect or open dns.....if comodo works out those two factors , it truely will be a supreme , complete free suite.....

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012

some web protection is needed with CIS, like trafficlight / WOT etc...
K9 / OpenDNS / Norton DNS is also a option....

S

starchild76

Thread author

some changes in my config again :

* removed *

Avast! Free
Online Armor Free
Iobit Advanced Sytem Care
Smart DeFrag
Mozilla Firefox
Easeus Todo Backup Free

* added *

Comodo Internet Security Premium 5.12
Backupmaker
Google Chrome
Tuneup Utilities 2011
Toolwiz Timefreez

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

CIS v5.12 is optimized for Win8. if you use Win7 better use v5.10

S

starchild76

Thread author

yet another change :

removed :

Comodo Internet Security Premium 5.12
Backupmaker
Tuneup Utilities 2011

the reason , my computer did not run the way I like it! so I have updated my config with the following apps :

Trend Micro Antivirus Plus 2013 ( Windows Firewall Booster Activated )
Auslocgics Boostspeed
Easus Backup Free

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
RE: Updated Config 14-11-2012

Yet another trend user, how are you liking it? what's the ram usage?

S

starchild76

Thread author
RE: Updated Config 14-11-2012

MRF71 said:
Yet another trend user, how are you liking it? what's the ram usage?

the physical memory is high ( about 55% ) , but it definately feel very very light on the sytem : chrome and other programs open up quickly , disc acces is fast! I can see six processes in my task manager :

uiSeAgnt.exe : 2.164 kb
TMAS_WLMMon.exe : 1.052 kb
AMSP_Logserver.exe : 7.564 kb
coreServiceShell.exe : 23.716 kb
uiWatchDog.exe : 264 kb
coreFrameworkHost.exe : 1.704 kb

I am currently very satisfied : nice and simple , no more multilayered setups , that are to confusing and are a drag on the system.....this might be a keeper :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.