Updated Config 10-4-2013

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: Updated Config 14-11-2012

People will always have their Loyal AV.
Unless you are a paranoid user like the Majority of the Umbra Corporation you will try and use almost any AV and switch every other week :p

But I'm like Umbra, Comodo and EAM, are the ones I always return to and love! (Sometimes webroot too)

However, I would think that Symantec is my main Bias. It may not be the best but I just feel comfortable with it regardless of "Former" users who used past versions and "I listen to what other people say and say the same thing even though I never used it" people say. Believe it or not, The Majority who say awful things about Symantec are people who either used it before the massive overhaul in 2009 or people who listen to other people and say what they say even though they never even used it.

Remember, Bias's change. I used to have a strong McAfee bias which was my first ever AV which I used for like 10 years, Infact ever since I started using the internet back in the AOL days but I just kept getting infected and I got tired of the slow downs so I finally got rid of it back in Summer of 2011 and I just been experimenting with other AVs that I never used before and just search for the "right" one.
So far it's been Comodo, Emsisoft, Symantec, Kaspersky, and Formally Avast. (I'll explain the reason why I no longer have a bias for Avast if you want me too)

But with that being said, Great luck for AVG sushiman! :p

S

starchild76

Thread author
RE: Updated Config 25-12-2012

Removed AVG Internet Security ; slowed down to much and lacks certain features , AVG PCTUNEUP ; bug in the Registry Defrag Module.....

Replaced with : C.I.S. 6.0 Premium , Iobit Advanced Systemcare and Iobit Smart Defrag

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Cis Premium? Do you buy it
Cis is always better then avg
Good choice

I

illumination

Thread author

Stranger said:
Good choice

Comodo Internet Security Premium is the free version.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Stranger said:
Good choice

Comodo Internet Security is always better than AVG

S

starchild76

Thread author

Removed Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Added Comodo Dragon

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

May I ask why you removed them?

S

starchild76

Thread author

sure you can Mclovin , I just wanted one secure browser instead of multiple ones so after some research reading I decided to go for comodo dragon ( it is also recommended to have this if you want to make use of the comodo kiosk feature ) I am not dissapointed , the speed of pageloading is excellent :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Geez, okay makes sense, but if Dragon is based of Chrome, then they both would work the same way? Anyway another addon that you can add is HTTPS Everywhere. :)

S

starchild76

Thread author

I shall add that to dragon , thanks for the tip!!!! there are some minor differences I believe but you will have to ask a real comodo nut , to be sure :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

sushiman said:
there are some minor differences I believe but you will have to ask a real comodo nut , to be sure :)

Well, in that case I know NSG uses Dragon, and I think Umbra does as well, but ones on holiday and the other is sleeping :p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

McLovin said:
Well, in that case I know NSG uses Dragon, and I think Umbra does as well, but ones on holiday and the other is sleeping :p

i don't use Dragon anymore, i am full Chrome user, and i can transfer some Dragon addons (ex: Web inspector) into Chrome :D

btw, Dragon doesn't have a Built-in Flash player, so you need to install it, also the security holes are fixed far later than chrome.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
McLovin said:

i don't use Dragon anymore, i am full Chrome user, and i can transfer some Dragon addons (ex: Web inspector) into Chrome :D

Umbra why you shift from dragon to chrome?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Stranger said:
Umbra why you shift from dragon to chrome?

- Built-in Flash player
- built-in PDF viewer
- faster security fixes
- compatibility with other products wider than Dragon

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Finally Umbra's Comodo Products Fever of Love ends with the end of year 2012 :p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Stranger said:
Finally Umbra's Comodo Products Fever of Love ends with the end of year 2012 :p

yes the Maya predict it :D

yep, my love disappeared for many reasons.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Umbra Corp. said:
yes the Maya predict it :D

yep, my love disappeared for many reasons.

Just a matter of time before the love builds up again.

Umbra keeps bouncing back and forth between Emsisoft and Comodo products.

On topic however, what Umbra described as reasoning about holes being fixed, I fully agree. As for built in pdf/flash, it is optional and convenient depending on the user needs:)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Biozfear said:
Umbra keeps bouncing back and forth between Emsisoft and Comodo products.

Comodo is my first Love, and "you will always have a soft spot for your first one" :D

P

Plexx

Thread author

@OP: if you were to simplify or strip down your setup what would you remove? This includes additional tools for maintenance, etc.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Yet another small change :

* Removed - Toolwiz Timefreez

* Replaced with - Shadow defender

the reason for this change : when being in " freeze mode " continiously makes the computer lag , also had to restore an earlier image , because some operating files got corrupted , after ussage of freeze mode.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.