Updated Config 10-4-2013

S

starchild76

Thread author
RE: Updated Config 15-1-2013

Removed C.i.s. 6.0 , not my cup of tea . Installed Eset Smart Security 6 instead

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

starchild76 said:
Removed C.i.s. 6.0 , not my cup of tea.

Why exactly did you not like CIS6, just out of interest :huh:

S

starchild76

Thread author

@nsg001 : because I do not like the new interface , the settings are to confusing sometimes ( version 5.10 was more coveniënt ). c.i.s. did not slow my machine down , but chrome did start slower and the pageloading lagged a bit , and when those things start to annoy me , its bye-bye :D

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks was curious, it seems many peeps are not overwhelmed by the new version 6.
Personally i'll monitor it's progress because i highly rate their products and suspect future versions will improve vastly.

S

starchild76

Thread author

no thanks! there sure are many people that are not satisfied with version 6 , even one person on the comodo forums asked the withdrawl of this product , questioning the devllopment team , if they pushed this version out to early. I read somewhere they where planning to give the gui of version 6 an overhaul??? do not get me wrong , love that the fact that they have good programs for free , have tried and tested them all and I whas pleased with them , accept for comodo timemachine wich really *peeped* another laptop up , to the point that I had to get a new hard drive installed.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

in fact , it is not the graphic design of the UI that is questioned but more its lack of informations displayed and ease of use that disappointed old users like me.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Back with Bitdefender Internet Security again , thanks to Exterminator20 , the man who provided me with a promo key :p

S

starchild76

Thread author

Removed Bitdefender to many bugs and a drag on the system....If anyone wants the key , Private message me ( 360 days left or so . )

replaced with ; mse - kingsoft antivirus free and online armor free

S

starchild76

Thread author

Added zemana antilogger free as a real time protection component.

S

starchild76

Thread author

Removed Rollback Rx , because of slowdown troubles!

added : Toolwiz Time Machine Beta , Zemana Antilogger Free , Km Media Player

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Nice Configuration, How is AVG Internet Security 2013 working.

S

starchild76

Thread author

avg internet security with sp1 is doing fine for me : the boot up time has been improved , and also the lag during watching youtube vids has been improved , it lacks some features , so thats why I have some other realtime protection installed ,but I hope they will improve on the next versions :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

starchild76: Thread <----- Any awareness on the situation regarding from its toolbar? If you didn't install it then your lucky ;)

Thread I've posted showed about an article regarding in Security Toolbar.

S

starchild76

Thread author

yes I saw your post and have readed the article. Since I am an official AVG vip community member / avg hall of famer , I have posted this on the AVG group page on facebook. so It will be answered by AVG officals and they will sort this matter out! thanks for bringing this to our attention....great job!!!

S

starchild76

Thread author

thanks pardeep for commenting , i really like this config , the realtime protection looks heavy , but in fact its not! my system reacts quite speedy.....so I am happy with it.

S

starchild76

Thread author

James I have sent that link you posted earlier about the AVG toolbar and AVG secure search to Jas Daliwal ( AVG community leader ) and John J Maver ( AVG community moderater ) and they said they have forwarded it to the proper people.
thought you would like to know about the progression.

have a nice easter weekend.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Good to see there's an official from AVG to take that action from its allegation/controversial since a mixed where uninstallation made successful and others not from toolbar. :)

S

starchild76

Thread author

removed filehippo update checker and replaced with sumo updater , just to try it out. what I did not like about it , whas the bombardment to install extra crap , at the end of the installation process , like delta search and delta toolbar.....:dash1:

also added spywareblaster for a bit more browser hardening.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.