Updated Config 10-4-2013

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Updated Config 15-1-2013

That's why I don't have any program like that installed. I prefer to check the FileHippo site at least once a day to check if there are any updates available.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

The developer itself even before claimed on a adware bundled through their installation.

And you may consider next time to install their lite version where no adware bundled. ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author

Edit : Removed AVG Internet Security and Zemana Anti Logger , replaced with : Comodo Internet Security.....

p.s. I have a spare Fsecure Internet Security 2013 , tried it for 1 day , but i stalled my system to a crawl....its still valid for 364 days , so if anyone needs it PM me ( first come first serve ) , its a shame to let this license go to waste!

S

starchild76

Thread author
also a spare bitdefender antivirus plus license 2013 , if someone wants that PM me ( first come first serve )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes its really awful when those some paid products tends to have irregularities from the system and the license is valid for a year or so which refunding is a bit main issue.

S

starchild76

Thread author
james I did not buy the fsecure license , it whas a trade for an avg internet security license on a german security forum ;) I would never pay for a dinosaur piece of software like that ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author
yes I like lastpass very much : it " fills " all my needs!

S

starchild76

Thread author
Removed C.i.s. replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials and Zemana Anti Logger. Like the idea that earth has : straight forward and simple! Never download any warez or cracks and have the same cycle of sites that I visit every day , so I do not see any need for a bloated security suite anymore. together with spywareblaster and emet set to max , In have everything covered :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may likely hardened Windows Firewall with Advance Security or add like Tinywall or Windows Firewall Control, just configure properly to avoid problems.

S

starchild76

Thread author
thank you for your tips james , but I have tried wfc and tinywall before : the both seem to mess up my internet connection , when I install / uninstall....so I have installed zonealarm free instead to keep the config simple.

added : zonealarm free firewall
removed : wisecare 365
added : iobit advanced system care pro and iobit smart defrag

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
starchild76 said:
I have tried wfc and tinywall before : the both seem to mess up my internet connection , when I install / uninstall....so I have installed zonealarm free instead to keep the config simple.

Try:
http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

Easier and simple than above two mention by you

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They are really an issue thus need to build your own rules in order to operate from whitelist.

Since they are set from medium protection with possibility of block connection.

Anyway Zonealarm is fine at your setup since its a pure firewall.

S

starchild76

Thread author
Thanks guys for your feedback! very much apreciated! I like the combo mse - zemana - zonealarm , so far , to keep things simple. my girlfriend also uses the computer and she complained about the popups some hips / b.b. give , when I am not around she does not know what to answer. so thats the main reason for this simple setup :)

S

starchild76

Thread author
removed mse , z.a.l. and zonealarm free , bought a norton 360 license and installed that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How are the backup (25GB) and tuneup services?

S

starchild76

Thread author
Earth said:
How are the backup (25GB) and tuneup services?

the back up is qiute convenient , but the tuningservices are basic ( reg clean , basic temp file clean ) the backup process and optimizing start automatically after completing a full system scan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.