Advice Request Updating Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hi guys,

Noticed my Kaspersky free is still on 19.0,0,1088(k), but a quick search on Kaspersky's support page shows that they already have a 20.xx version out since July last year.

I'm wondering do I have to download a fresh copy of Kaspersky to update to that version? Or is there some way to update it through my application?

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Download version 20 from the official site and install it manually. It is best to first remove the old version 19 and only then install the new one, but you can upgrade over the old one (however, in this case, antivirus malfunctions may occur in the future).

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I was in the same situation so I downloaded the new version and installed it manually.
Download version 20 from the official site and install it manually. It is best to first remove the old version 19 and only then install the new one, but you can upgrade over the old one (however, in this case, antivirus malfunctions may occur in the future).

So unusual that Kaspersky doesn't automatically update.

Thanks guys!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.