New Update Urgent Android Update as 36 Security Issues Confirmed—One Already Under Attack

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
If you are an Android user, regardless of your hardware vendor of choice, then pay particular attention to getting the 36 vulnerability-fixing May security update installed as soon as possible. Why the concern? A high-severity vulnerability that was disclosed way back in January and perhaps unsurprisingly is being exploited in the wild, has now been fixed. It's a Linux kernel vulnerability given the name 'Dirty Pipe' by the researcher who uncovered it. Actually, us boring and nerdy security types more formally refer to it as CVE-2022-0847.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I will eventually migrate to iPhone, I am somewhat tired of Android experience and how security is treated by manufacturers.

Reactions: Nevi and Oldie1950

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
one of the best things about pixel devices is first to get these monthly updates, had already auto updated last week here.
Samsung are actually releasing monthly updates before the Pixel at the minute. May update came end of April!

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
did samsung even get android 12 yet? i thought it was quite delayed usually, but thats great news they have upped their game if so
I've had A12 since backend of last year. Updates roll out each month no issues.

They've definitely got better

Reactions: kC77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.