URNB Malware - Restoration of the encrypted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

epimeteusz

Apr 7, 2021
Hello everyone!
Yesterday my files was encrybted by URNB Malware. I tried some recovering tools (Decrypt stop Djvu, PhotoRec and Shadow defender) without results. I destroyed malware, cleaned disks from junk and save only important files on one of my drives.

My question is: do you think in the future there will be some decryptor for this type of malware or there are no hope for my files without paying 900$?

Sorry for my english :x

Thank you for your opinion.

struppigel

Verified
Staff member
Apr 9, 2020
Hello @epimeteusz

I am Karsten and will help you with any malware-related problems.

It seems to me that you already tried everything I would suggest to do as well. I am sorry that this didn't help to get your files back.

Now, regarding your question:
do you think in the future there will be some decryptor for this type of malware or there are no hope for my files without paying 900$?

It is very unlikely that someone will find a flaw in the encryption that was overlooked so far.
The only chance for a decrypter is that law enforcement seizes the criminal's servers and publishes the keys. We don't know if that will ever happen or when.
If I were in your shoes I would not count on that chance. I would also not pay the criminals because you will fund later attacks with that money. But that's a decision only you can make.

Do you have any other questions?

Reactions: tipo

struppigel

Verified
Staff member
Apr 9, 2020
You are welcome. I will close this thread now, so I know it is finished. If you, for any reason, need to re-open it again, DM me.

Reactions: tipo and upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.