URNB Malware - Restoration of the encrypted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

epimeteusz

Thread author
Apr 7, 2021
Hello everyone!
Yesterday my files was encrybted by URNB Malware. I tried some recovering tools (Decrypt stop Djvu, PhotoRec and Shadow defender) without results. I destroyed malware, cleaned disks from junk and save only important files on one of my drives.

My question is: do you think in the future there will be some decryptor for this type of malware or there are no hope for my files without paying 900$?

Sorry for my english :x

Thank you for your opinion.

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Hello @epimeteusz

I am Karsten and will help you with any malware-related problems.

It seems to me that you already tried everything I would suggest to do as well. I am sorry that this didn't help to get your files back.

Now, regarding your question:
do you think in the future there will be some decryptor for this type of malware or there are no hope for my files without paying 900$?

It is very unlikely that someone will find a flaw in the encryption that was overlooked so far.
The only chance for a decrypter is that law enforcement seizes the criminal's servers and publishes the keys. We don't know if that will ever happen or when.
If I were in your shoes I would not count on that chance. I would also not pay the criminals because you will fund later attacks with that money. But that's a decision only you can make.

Do you have any other questions?

Reactions: tipo

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
You are welcome. I will close this thread now, so I know it is finished. If you, for any reason, need to re-open it again, DM me.

Reactions: tipo and upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.