Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
New statistics provided by Net Applications for the month of March 2016 show that Windows 10 adoption is on the rise and the new operating system has managed to achieve another personal best.

But while Windows 10’s growth is clearly good news for Microsoft, there’s another reason for the tech heads in Redmond to celebrate: Windows 7 also keeps losing users, which shows that the new version is slowly becoming successful.

At this point, Windows 7 continues to be the leading choice, as it’s powering 51.89 percent of the desktop computers around the world, but its market share is dropping every month. In the last 30 days, Windows 7 has dropped from 52.34 percent to 51.89 percent, and the same trend is likely to be maintained for the remainder of the year as well. Back in December, Windows 7 was running on 55.66 percent of the PCs out there.

Windows 10 remains the runner-up
Windows 10 is now the second most popular choice among desktop users, so it has a share of 14.15 percent, up from 12.82 percent the month before. Back in December, Windows 10 was spotted running on 9.96 percent of computers.

The other Windows versions on the market continue losing ground, although Windows XP still proves to be a tough nut to crack. XP is now at 10.90 percent, down from 11.24 percent the month before.

Full Article. Users Finally Excited About Windows 10 As Windows 7 Loses Ground

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Updating from 7 to 8, and then to 8.1, both cases screwed up my config and was always on high disk usage.
Then reverted to Seven and always kept running fine.
Windows 10 might be stable at the moment, but not as stable as I need it to be.

I'll stick with my beloved Win7 until... We'll see... :D

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
:mad:I just love Win10 with its buggy Edge Browser letting adware on my PC left & right.! The MSN live feed is crud IMO. & Bing search is not that great either IMO. I switched to Firefox Browser & am glad I did. Please don't say you can disable the Live Feed either...been there done that & it doesn't work..!:mad:

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I could never be so wrong when i decided not to update to Windows 10. Making the step from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 has shown a huge change. If anyone is in doubts, about privacy, stability, or anything, do not hesitate. Run Microsoft's tool to check compatibility and update. It's clearly the best Windows OS ever made.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I can confirm that clean install is much much better but for some users it is not easy to do. They have software that they bought and lost the keys so many will have to stay with the upgraded and thats bad really bad
I beg to differ. Upgraded w10 from 8.1 here. Never faced any issues whatsoever.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
I beg to differ. Upgraded w10 from 8.1 here. Never faced any issues whatsoever.
I upgraded NEW 2 days old Dell computer with I5 from win 8.1 to 10 and the computer was very very slow. of course it was a customer computer so it left it like this. consider yourself lucky.

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
I found Win10, besides the massive spying capabilities, had too much clutter.

After uninstalling all the apps , OneDrive, Cortana etc, Win 10 (Win 7 at this point) became good. Boot time less than 10 seconds on a platter and super stable.

Someone mentioned live tiles, yeah, those were horrible with so many ads. Getting rid of the spyware in Win10 took real effort: hosts, regedit, disabling various services and so forth, not to mention using a packet sniffer and similar software. Never took so much time to custom an OS, but MSFT really pissed me off, likely my last MSFT OS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.