Users Finally Excited About Windows 10 As Windows 7 Loses Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Finished the 5th upgrade, but clean install
Panasonic laptop cf s9 I5 2.4g 4g ram. worked out of the box but the display driver not 100% and the wireless speed is lower.
No question about it win 7 is faster

Of course, because on this hardware win7 use less resources; Win10 need at least a 6gb RAM machine. However Win10's security own Win7.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Of course, because on this hardware win7 use less resources; Win10 need at least a 6gb RAM machine. However Win10's security own Win7.
It has nothing to do with lack of memory coz the sys take 1.5g I still have 2.5g free it shouldn't effect the boot.
If you have 16 gig of ram or 4 it will not make any difference coz the sys when boot does not reach the 4gig

Other than that win 10 does eat 20% more memo.

D

Deleted member 178

It has nothing to do with lack of memory coz the sys take 1.5g I still have 2.5g free it shouldn't effect the boot.
If you have 16 gig of ram or 4 it will not make any difference coz the sys when boot does not reach the 4gig

oh you talked about boot time. from personal experience, i remember "out of the box" Win/10 with hybrid boot was faster than Win7.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
oh you talked about boot time. from personal experience, i remember "out of the box" Win/10 with hybrid boot was faster than Win7.
I disabled some crap like cortana, some tasks, windows update, the boot time now is about 45 second about 10 seconds more than 7. after tweaking the memory doped from 1.5 g to less than one gig.
now Ill need to find all in the registry, create reg file and convert to but file.
now it is working pretty much the same as 7, fast and clean

oops win defender wont update but I found a good solution I disabled all update task this way only manually will check for update. this way i wont have to deal with the buggy updates

Last edited:

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I like using win 10 but i refused to let it be "forced" on me so i waited till November update before i installed it.

Reactions: done

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
The IT people will have VERY hard life. I came accross this problem on win 7 but in 7 just hide the update and the prob solved.
Win 10 will be worse than vista in vista you had control of your sys in 10 you have no control
I'd rather to use vista
Depends on what kind of IT people you mean.
System/Network Administrators should not have any issues with it, it's more developers that suffer because they use some old specialized programs that haven't been updated for ages and the replacement programs costs the company to much.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Well I test drove Windows 10 on an Intel Celeron (with 2GB RAM and 32GB eMMC, with only 11GB free space). It seemed pretty nice, my only hate is that I can never get used to the new Start button information overload. Every time, I had to use the search function and Cortana was a b*tch, she just didn't want to talk with me!
The start menu has been replaceable by free and paid third party options since metro was introduced, and Cortana can be disabled via the action center.
I have it running on an ASUS TaiChi, run pretty even with such limited hardware.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Windows 10 sucks and everyone should dump it! No, seriously I wish people would just stop about Windows 10. It's better than any previous version of Windows...PERIOD!!! The UI may take a little getting used to but as far as functionality and stability I don't think it is even a question if it's better than Windows 7 which everyone seems to think is AWESOME. You can always find something wrong with any OS, but the majority of people bashing Win 10 either haven't tried it or used it for a few days and went back to their old OS. And especially after Threshold 2, I have not encountered a single issue with Win 10 at all. So stop listening to the Microsoft hating media on the net and give it a real try or don't and stick with whatever you're running and only express an opinion if it's YOUR opinion based on your own experience. Thanks for listening, I feel better now:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Windows 10 sucks and everyone should dump it! No, seriously I wish people would just stop about Windows 10. It's better than any previous version of Windows...PERIOD!!! The UI may take a little getting used to but as far as functionality and stability I don't think it is even a question if it's better than Windows 7 which everyone seems to think is AWESOME. You can always find something wrong with any OS, but the majority of people bashing Win 10 either haven't tried it or used it for a few days and went back to their old OS. And especially after Threshold 2, I have not encountered a single issue with Win 10 at all. So stop listening to the Microsoft hating media on the net and give it a real try or don't and stick with whatever you're running and only express an opinion if it's YOUR opinion based on your own experience. Thanks for listening, I feel better now:)
I did enjoy reading this post and it made my day, very well said. :D

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Problems
1 force auto updates
force search engines giving non relevant result
2 to many process running = to much memory
4 Drivers compatibility
5 no shutdown = good for work but not fare for users.
No F8 Safe mode etc, recovery become harder. I'm aware of the option to but......
6 spying. they went to far many don't like it. me I don't mind MS and google knows everything about me but......

Other than that all good:D whatever leftof

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Problems
1 force auto updates
force search engines giving non relevant result
2 to many process running = to much memory
4 Drivers compatibility
5 no shutdown = good for work but not fare for users.
No F8 Safe mode etc, recovery become harder. I'm aware of the option to but......
6 spying. they went to far many don't like it. me I don't mind MS and google knows everything about me but......

Other than that all good:D whatever leftof
1. OS updates should be forced to install automatically when the PC is idle, the only thing I dislike with Windows 10 is how it handles WU device driver search, it gave issues with Nvidia cards at the beginning and still has issues with the SB ZxR, some WU code mistakes it as a Recon3D, at least there are workarounds to disable WU device driver search and hide found updates, I would prefer it to work like on W7/8 though.
2. 30 processes isn't bad
4. Which drivers? Every single piece of hardware that I own works with Windows 10, even some of my old stuff.
5. ? No shutdown? Only if you setup a group policy to force it, but even then it should be available on the login screen.
Missing F8? cmd as admin and " bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy " will give that back, use " standard " to get it back to default.
6. There are a few free programs available to assist, you can also find some batch commands/files that will disable what people complain about. although, removing the so called spy code will break one or another new feature.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
1. OS updates should be forced to install automatically when the PC is idle, the only thing I dislike with Windows 10 is how it handles WU device driver search, it gave issues with Nvidia cards at the beginning and still has issues with the SB ZxR, some WU code mistakes it as a Recon3D, at least there are workarounds to disable WU device driver search and hide found updates, I would prefer it to work like on W7/8 though.
2. 30 processes isn't bad
4. Which drivers? Every single piece of hardware that I own works with Windows 10, even some of my old stuff.
5. ? No shutdown? Only if you setup a group policy to force it, but even then it should be available on the login screen.
Missing F8? cmd as admin and " bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy " will give that back, use " standard " to get it back to default.
6. There are a few free programs available to assist, you can also find some batch commands/files that will disable what people complain about. although, removing the so called spy code will break one or another new feature.
F8 I'm aware of the option to build but not everyone knows how as I said its good for business since average user wont be able to recover.
Shutdown for 70 years old man kind of hard to go to......
Not everyone is as smart as you. When you work on this field you will hear silly questions like how to shutdown my pc

Reactions: Der.Reisende

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Anyone can get these numbers if you actually force people into it lol

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, all your keystrokes are sent to NSA/GCHQ and other government agencies around the globe, what do you think? :rolleyes:
I have to say that this topic about privacy is going beyond belief and people who bash at w10 use this as an argument because all other arguments in terms of performance, security enhancement etc are invalid as a reason as to why W7 or 8.1 for that matter is better than 10.

if we strictly compare to hardware wise, some hardware still has hiccups (but then again its the vendors that need to keep up with the OS changes and compatibility)
Quality of life features such as updates (how they are handled) etc, sorry either you deal with it or find ways around it. You can't please everyone. Plus is a known fact that you give 20 users the option to manually check for updates, guarantee you 5 of them wont, simply because they are just that average user who uses the system for web surfing or facebooking or even casual games.

Notice where exactly are the people bashing W10? Yep securiy/os forums. You hardly see bashing in IT fields (specialized in programming language/networking etc). Then notice exactly the arguments why they think W7 is better than W10, excluding the old excuse of privacy, because lets be honest, if you think for a second that not one single service you use is not tracked one way or another, then you have a lot to learn.

In regards to W10 usage by the user, I will ask this, how many of you actually bothered reading the User Agreement when you installed Windows 10? If you do not agree with how W10 as an OS operate, then by all means use another OS, but lets not forget that until June or so, any W10 user who comes from W7/8.1 is given the free upgrade to W10.

Fun Fact: Linux community has its problems but the W10 hate club community is far more amusing. At least in the Linux community we have actual facts to backup most opinions.

Reactions: frogboy and juhful

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have to say that this topic about privacy is going beyond belief and people who bash at w10 use this as an argument because all other arguments in terms of performance, security enhancement etc are invalid as a reason as to why W7 or 8.1 for that matter is better than 10.
I know, but people are overly paranoid about Windows 10 being an Government Agent to spy on civilians. Windows 10 does not spy on you, and it's better in terms of performance than Windows 7 and 8.1. It's a Win-Win. Of course, if you are using ancient hardware that cannot handle HD video.

This is not directed at yourself, but those who claim (with no proof) that their sensitive data was used or sold by Microsoft.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just for everyone's knowledge I don't believe W10 spys just hearing so much from people.

Reactions: done

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
F8 I'm aware of the option to build but not everyone knows how as I said its good for business since average user wont be able to recover.
Shutdown for 70 years old man kind of hard to go to......
Not everyone is as smart as you. When you work on this field you will hear silly questions like how to shutdown my pc
F8 should not be needed for the average user, and if the system really needs to be recovered it will trigger automatically after 2-3? failed attempts.

Default shutdown is right on the start menu, not different from Windows 95 and up, so I don't understand how that makes it hard to find.

And if you work as IT supporter or technician you would ask the 70 year old man how he wants it and provide it in such way instead of complaining about it,those two options are easy to add in a custom way that will fit his needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.