Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I have Kaspersky Internet Security and I just wanted to say Can I use AVG Internet Security or AVG Anti-Virus with KIS together?

Will they gonna be compatible with each other? if there's settings for making both of them working good together then please post it in comments. Thank you:)

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Whaat? AVG in couple with Kaspersky? Never :confused:. Both are resource hungers, also AVG who is very very slow. Never recommend using this couple.
@Manzai - not really. I saw a lot of persons using 2 main AVs and they had never seen any problem in that

Reactions: Kent and Rebsat

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8B-endless-origami-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D1%83-304581.png

Why would you use AVG if you have Kaspersky? :eek:o_O

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I have Kaspersky Internet Security and I just wanted to say Can I use AVG Internet Security or AVG Anti-Virus with KIS together?

Will they gonna be compatible with each other? if there's settings for making both of them working good together then please post it in comments. Thank you:)

You has Kaspersky. Just use it and don't use AVG. Pairing it with another main AV will only give you incompatibility issues regardless of exclusions yuo place to each other.

Reactions: Rebsat

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
What about Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 with Avast Pro Antivirus 2014. Are they compatible or not?

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Unfortunately, you have to decide on one of them.
are not compatible together.:mad:

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Rebsat What were your reason(s) behind this thread? What triggered it?

Let me explain it to you dear Huracan ;)

I have KIS 2015 on my system and I am sure it will protect me against 99.9% of all online threats. What I am concerned about right now is Malware Detection and Malicious URL Blocking rate by Kaspersky. There are things stuck in my head which led me to think like this and are what Neil J. Rubenking is discovering as a Lead Analyst for Security at PC Magazine. I am always tracking his activities, opinions and reviews he does for security softwares.

From his latest Malware Blocking Chart, I've seen that Malware Detection rate for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 is just 83% of all malwares but for AVG Ant-Virus Free 2014 is 97%.

There's also another point I wanna highlight it. He stated that Malicious URL Blocking rate for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 is just 10% for all Malicious URLs but for Avast Free Ant-Virus 2014 is 79%.

That's why I am asking and looking for AVG and Avast tools, softwares and add-ons which are compatible with KIS 2015 and then install them alongside my KIS 2015 to make sure that my PC is secure from all the other threats that Kaspersky will fail in preventing, blocking, detecting and removing them.

Thank you so much for all of you my friends by posting, sharing your knowledge and experience with me, I really appreciate it. :)

Malware Tips is definitely My No.1 Security Advisor :D and I really love it <3

Greeting from Iraq.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
That is why there is antimalware and second opinion scanners out there. Those apps are fully compatible with most antivirus and aim to detect viruses not detected by the main av. So i recommend you use kaspersky and some second opinion scanners/antimalwarelike (free: malware bytes free, crystal security$, Xvirus$, herd protect, norton power eraser ct...) or (paid: hitman pro, malware bytes pro$, ect...)
obs:the $ symbol means those who have real time protection.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
Paranoid too much? :D
Don't get me wrong but why would you be so interesting to hackers? And it's not like you're downloading something from warez sites day and night..
Brain - best antivirus ;)

As being said, leave kaspersky on your system and use on-demand scanners; emsisoft emergency kit, eset online scanner, malwarebytes, hitmanpro..

Rohitkumar

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2014

1.When u Install KIS First Avg shows the message remove the kaspersky and install Avg
2.First Install the AVG And After u Install KIS
When U Install KIS It asks u Remove Or Skip
When use the key Skip It will Install Kis Product.
After that they may be Kaspersky target each other i.e. Kaspersky target Avg And Avg Target Kaspersky each other.
System may be not working correctly . Its Stuck down Or Not responding.
These are Problems when using Two AV At the Same time.
This is my Knowledge.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.