Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Can someone list down for me all Anti-Viruses that are compatible to install alongside the main Anti-Virus on the system? I know about Webroot, what else?

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
install KIS.
if you concern about link install add gaurd beside KIS!
if concern about detection install malwarebytes beside KIS!
AVG detection is good but i reject AVG for another reasons!

Reactions: Rebsat

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Malicious URL blocking for Kaspersky was that low? If I run a questionable link through VirusTotal when I have to deal with "Oh, I got this email that I opened, and it was this strange link......" Kaspersky is usually one of the first to catch it, if not it is unrated, running malicious links through VTotal in theory I would think would help trigger other AV's to update their Malicious link DB. I haven't had many problems with Kaspersky besides a few FP's.

With regard to OP. Why are you using 2 AV's? Do you have 6 or 8 GB of RAM. 2 AV's are never recommended, they actually can decrease your protection when used together. Uninstall AVG using their official uninstall tool/procedures ( I always say run uninstall tools at your own risk I don't develop them, and haven't used AVG), and keep Kaspersky. Much better protection overall. Been using it several years. AVG seems to be targeted in vulnerabilities, and has not been that great lately from what I have read over the past 2 years.

S

starchild76

Whaat? AVG in couple with Kaspersky? Never :confused:. Both are resource hungers, also AVG who is very very slow. Never recommend using this couple.
@Manzai - not really. I saw a lot of persons using 2 main AVs and they had never seen any problem in that

kaspersky is not a resource hogger anymore , as is AVG internet security 2015!!!! both programs will not slow down your pc , if you use one or the other......please check your facts , before repying. thanks :)

S

starchild76

install KIS.
if you concern about link install add gaurd beside KIS!
if concern about detection install malwarebytes beside KIS!
AVG detection is good but i reject AVG for another reasons!

omidomi why do you reject AVG?? please elaborate :)

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
kaspersky is not a resource hogger anymore , as is AVG internet security 2015!!!! both programs will not slow down your pc , if you use one or the other......please check your facts , before repying. thanks :)

Sorry about that. I do realize that in the past malware has been able to bypass or disable Avg (especially the free version). My main point was to recommend the OP use KIS for maximum protection. There was no intent to speak poorly of Avg. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Reactions: starchild76

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 MR1 which has brought back most of the advanced setting(s) so you can configure Kaspersky to maximum protection. I personally think Kaspersky is one of the best, if not the best antivirus software money can buy.

Stick with Kaspersky!

Tony :)

S

starchild76

well AVG is a tat below the industries average , but its work in process : AVG has implemented something new into Identity Protection in the 2015 version : " The programs also gain Outbreak Detection, which means users can now enjoy protection from outbreaks even before they’ve been identified and countered using traditional malware signatures. This zero-ing protection is new to AVG, but has been a staple of other anti-malware products for years – it is, however, still a welcome improvement." ( according to an article of downloadcrew. one of our community managers told us that in october AVG service pack 1 will come and will bring a few more features and stability to avg 2015. AVG will improve slowly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.