Advice Request vBulletin Vulnerability affects Comodo Forums - Passwords Reset

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
vBulletin vulnerability

Topic: Unable to log in - Password reset not working - General Discussion (off topic) Anything and everything...

1590929533153.png

Source(s)

Edit:
Suggested by Twitter replies, it's a new attack different from the Comodo Forums - September 2019 Announcement

Relates to forum.comodo.com not SMF forums.comodo.com (with an 's').

1590930354551.png

Not sure why they saturate all their products and services into a 100 different places.

Last edited:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
anyone have any kind of contact with their forum admins? remind them there are people who just registered and need approval and they are not hackers :|
can't see why the F should people get this email for accessing their forum: Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved

like come on is this private tracker or what? why should they even review my registeration?
it has been 60hours now and i did not get the approval wtf

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
anyone have any kind of contact with their forum admins? remind them there are people who just registered and need approval and they are not hackers :|
can't see why the F should people get this email for accessing their forum: Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved

like come on is this private tracker or what? why should they even review my registeration?
it has been 60hours now and i did not got the approval wtf
private tracker XD.

Reactions: Like a Western!

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
private tracker XD.
if you know private trackers you must know they think everyone is FBI and want to arrest them or something so they are extra careful
my registration for PTP no doubt the biggest private tracker and movie library out there took like 1 day
now i'm waiting 3 days to access Comodo forums Mr Melih wake up please

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
vBulletin is going to shutdown some day, if they don't change the way how they are working in their CMS.

They don't update their CMS regulary, I mean new versions.

Their Admin CP are crappy, ugly and very old. To install vBulletin takes so much time, you need to edit files and configs. No install script. Nothing.

Unfortunately vBulletin is one of most used Boards CMS in the past, today most of foruns moved / switched to XenForo. Due to lack of updates, is heavy and you will need a good dedicated server, to run it smoothly.

They have a good product, their problem is the lack of update, revamping, improve their board. Where is vBulletin 6?

I like vBulletin, but is not easy to install. Their Admin CP design seems very old, crappy. Comodo Forums if they are smart, they will switch to Xenforo, IPB within month's.

vBulletin has stopped in time. Compared with competitors, they give 10/0 to vBulletin in terms of Security, Speed, Optimization and updates.

Now vBulletin have negative rep since a long time ago, due to that a lot of companies has been switched to other Forum CMS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.