Venhiem's Configuration

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
What exactly is "CleanMyPC" It sounds like something you would see on TV & most likely is a scam... How did you get this software and where did you find it?

Could you explain to me how you got this & do you use it?

I am very curious on what this is :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
What exactly is "CleanMyPC" It sounds like something you would see on TV & most likely is a scam... How did you get this software and where did you find it?

Could you explain to me how you got this & do you use it?

I am very curious on what this is :rolleyes:.
CleanMyPC is a legitimate peice of software, you can see reviews at Softpedia and Cnet :) I think the scam was MyCleanPC lol

Venhiem

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Mar 10, 2014
Is there any must-have or useful app I'm missing out on? Or any such add-on? I'd be greatful if someone pointed out.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
CleanMyPC is a legitimate peice of software, you can see reviews at Softpedia and Cnet :) I think the scam was MyCleanPC lol
I was thinking of this too
Code:
hxxp://www.mycleanpc.com

Mod Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

Looks good, basics are covered... I think you may need a couple more browser add-ons though ;) :D

Reactions: juhful

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you used the Avast manual sandbox? Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm surprised you weren't aware. Anyway, I recommend you read up about the products you use. o_O
Run shady files in a virus-proof environment
Unsure if the file you just downloaded is safe? Run it in the Sandbox, a virtual environment where you can run even the most heavily infected files safely. But you’ll know if it’s safe anyway, with our FileRep (file-reputation scanning) technology.
http://www.avast.com/en-gb/internet-security#features

Ozb2lVz.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.