vic2vic config

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic2vic

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 6, 2017
I recently installed Malawarebytes (still in trial) and Adwcleaner (run just once so far).
Not sure if I need to keep on using SuperAntiSpyware (lifetime licence, but it is getting a bit too aggressive on system resources usage and has many warnings for cookies).

Thanks for all the good advice from the forum members.

Reactions: aragornnnn
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Looks good! I would remove SuperAntiSpyware, it has become almost useless. I would recommend using Zemana Antimalware or Antilogger in place of Malwarebytes, as its detection is getting worse (Link). Zemana is far better, and will provide better protection. For real-world protection, you could just use Windows Defender and Zemana.

If you want a third-party antivirus (which may not be needed with careful clicking), Avast Free, Avira Free, Qihoo 360, and Comodo Cloud Antivirus are viable light, strong, and free antiviruses.

Last edited by a moderator:

vic2vic

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 6, 2017
If you want a third-party antivirus (which may not be needed with careful clicking), Avast Free, Avira Free, Qihoo 360, and Comodo Cloud Antivirus are viable light, strong, and free antiviruses.

I'm currently using Bitdefender Total Security (full licence), which should cover the AV needs.

Reactions: aragornnnn

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I'm currently using Bitdefender Total Security (full licence), which should cover the AV needs.
Edited your config to reflect Bitdefender Total Security as your real time protection.
You could remove Superantispyware as well as use Malwarebytes as on demand since Bitdefender Total Security is fine.
I would consider another on demand scanner also such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Zemana Antimalware.
Consider replacing Adblock & Adblock Plus with uBlock Origin.
Consider CCleaner also if not installed.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

My apologies, I was under the impression you were using Windows Defender, and I recommended free antiviruses or a companion antivirus for that reason

Reactions: vic2vic

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@vic2vic why OS File Reputation disabled? If it is disabled you could get infected more easily.

But, overall, great config! Thanks for sharing.

vic2vic

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 6, 2017
@vic2vic why OS File Reputation disabled? If it is disabled you could get infected more easily.

But, overall, great config! Thanks for sharing.

I was actually not sure how to enable this feature... I just checked and SmartScreen Win 10 is already enabled :)
I just updated my configuration

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I was actually not sure how to enable this feature... I just checked and SmartScreen Win 10 is already enabled :)
I just updated my configuration
That's ok. In this case, with this setup you are secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.