Troubleshoot Video download fails with Firefox (Windows 10)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@carl fish
Something is going on with Firefox fish.
Today for the first time ever I had a Ccleaner crash, which in and of itself is strange so i trouble shoot for about 30 min uninstalling and cleaning up and reinstalling.
I tell it to not clean FF and the issue stops cold. I uninstall FF, cleanup and reinstall, same issue Ccleaner can not clean FF 48 (for me) so I uninstall the browser that I have
used since the beginning of time. :( And to tell you the truth today I tried to DL a youtube vid and it failed, so I don't know whats going on but FF is acting strange as of late.
Now I'm Chrome'n it for the foreseeable future. Man I don't like chrome :( Im having a bad day
I know it's not much help, but your not alone fish :)

Upvote 0

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Since you also said that Edge does the same thing, have you had any problems downloading a file from another site?

Also I find that RapidGator is not a very reliable website to download anything from. I've had downloads stop in their tracks many times while using RapidGator so for the past 2 years or so I don't even bother with it anymore. If you can download a file from another site then I'm pretty confident in saying it's not your computer, it's the site.

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a sinking feeling it wont help Umbra, My FF has been acting crazy today, I know its not infection, or my security config.
I reported it to Mozilla today before I stomped off to Chrome.

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.