New Update Videos on Websites Blocking Extension

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
On some websites like news, etc... videos play automatically & eats bandwidth. uBlock, AdblockPlus, AdGuard, etc... doesn't block those videos. They are not ads video but part of websites i.e their videos. But I dont want those to play auto. They should be stopped. And if I want to watch can play them.

Any extension or browser that doesn't play those videos automatically?

Reactions: Logethica

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
On some websites like news, etc... videos play automatically & eats bandwidth. uBlock, AdblockPlus, AdGuard, etc... doesn't block those videos. They are not ads video but part of websites i.e their videos. But I dont want those to play auto. They should be stopped. And if I want to watch can play them.

Any extension or browser that doesn't play those videos automatically?
Not sure about addons but you can with Avant Browser Ultimate.

Reactions: Kent and Oxygen

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
what browser u r using? If u r using firefox then go to tools-addons-plugins-shockwave flash- select ' ask to activate '. If u have silverlight plugin installed then do same. For chrome go to settings-show advance settings-conect settings under privacy - and in plugins choose " let me choose when to run plugin content ", though i'n chrome this have some issue on soem sites where u even lick allow for play video & video don't play..

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
what browser u r using? If u r using firefox then go to tools-addons-plugins-shockwave flash- select ' ask to activate '. If u have silverlight plugin installed then do same. For chrome go to settings-show advance settings-conect settings under privacy - and in plugins choose " let me choose when to run plugin content ", though i'n chrome this have some issue on soem sites where u even lick allow for play video & video don't play..
Thanxx, worked in firefox.
Chrome no option to select individual plugin...all or none.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
which version of chrome u r using? mine gives a option to select -
K2MUENQ.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
which version of chrome u r using? mine gives a option to select -
K2MUENQ.png
But let me choose will ask for all the plugins, right?
You cannot choose for individual plugin like in Firefox for flash & silverlight?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Tried on Chrome & you were right.
The video mentioned rightclick & play. Rightclick gave the option to run flash but the video didn't play.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Ok bro if ur problem is fixed then u can mark this thread as solved or let big boys help u further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.