H

hjlbx

Is it necessary to have NVT EXE Radar Pro with VIPRE ISP? I like them together, but I'm not sure if it's necessary with VIPRE's IDS/HIPS.
NVT ERP's real value is by blocking execution of applications not white-listed, allowing user to white-list command lines and create their own vulnerable process list (such as vbc.exe, RegAsm.exe, etc, etc, etc - add to built-in ERP vulnerable process list).

If you do not need that functionality, then you really don't need NVT ERP.

Protection-wise, I know nothing about Vipre. So better to ask @illumination and others that use it. They might identify weakness in VIPRE that NVT ERP will plug....

I

illumination

Is it necessary to have NVT EXE Radar Pro with VIPRE ISP? I like them together, but I'm not sure if it's necessary with VIPRE's IDS/HIPS.
If you have been following my posts in the Hub with Vipre, you will notice only 3 occasions where something either got by Vipre, or at least gave it a run, now in several weeks of hammering this product, I call those very good results. You may also notice I test it with default settings, HIPs and IDS are not on. I run it on default settings on my main host as well, and trust it. No security application is 100%. That said, adding NVT is up to you, me personally, I would find it overkill.

N

Noxx

If you have been following my posts in the Hub with Vipre, you will notice only 3 occasions where something either got by Vipre, or at least gave it a run, now in several weeks of hammering this product, I call those very good results. You may also notice I test it with default settings, HIPs and IDS are not on. I run it on default settings on my main host as well, and trust it. No security application is 100%. That said, adding NVT is up to you, me personally, I would find it overkill.
I also agree that it started feeling overkill. Thank you for the feedback.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Hi,
I've tested this antivirus, but I was disappointed. It found some malwares and seems to delete them (succesfull desinfection) . But everytime I've done a scan the malwares were always there... It was impossible to treat the infection.

Is the new version better?

In2an3_PpG

Level 17
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Anyone currently using or testing Vipre Internet Security or IS Pro? How is it doing? Is it worth the sale going on now?

BigWrench

Level 5
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
G Data
I was part of the 2017 beta test ( and many, many before 2017). which ended abruptly.It crashed and burned. No release, no nothing. Just left us hanging after they pulled it. a month and a half later,they haven't reopened the beta. I have 2016 Vipre anti virus running on a win7 laptop, and its doing fine (free key). Personally, I wouldn't pay for it. Better options going on right now.

In2an3_PpG

Level 17
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
I was part of the 2017 beta test ( and many, many before 2017). which ended abruptly.It crashed and burned. No release, no nothing. Just left us hanging after they pulled it. a month and a half later,they haven't reopened the beta. I have 2016 Vipre anti virus running on a Windows 7 laptop, and its doing fine (free key). Personally, I wouldn't pay for it. Better options going on right now.
Thanks for the quick reply.