Guide | How To VirusTotal Advanced User Tools - Even a novice user can use them.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
I'd like to share some information on the current free to use tools offered on VirusTotal.com

They are called VT Uploader and VTZilla.

VT Upload adds a right click option to the users Explorer right-click shell, Allowing them to upload files to be checked against VirusTotals reports.

VTZilla is a browser based add-on for Chrome and Firefox that allows you to check a websites safety rating and can allow you to check a file before you download for potential threats.

The good thing about these is they are free, small and easy to use, even for the most novice of users, It only takes a click or two and your eyes to recognize the color red (meaning dangerous).

Website link: http://www.virustotal.com/advanced.html

My screenshot guide.

16OPa.png

BNGMX.png

wttBs.png

VGGMG.png

Zev39.png

There's really nothing else to it.
If you already knew or use these tools then good for you,
I hope this helps the ones who didn't know.

Cheers :cool:

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I have used it in the past, thanks for the reminder. It is a usefull tool for sure.

+1 for this post ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Firefox user look to have a little more advantage when using this add-on, since (from the screen-shot) you can scan from the Download (Save/Cancel box).

Chrome users are limited to right-click scan only. (Unless I'm mistaken).

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Didn't know that VT released a browser extension for Google Chrome (aka. VTchromizer)
I've used in the past VTzilla and then I started using Chrome more and because at that time VT didn't have a browser extension for Chrome I've used VirusTotal Uploader.
Now that their is a plugin for Chrome I'll start using it again.

OT-Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.