Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Clicking on 'Check for updates' from VLC Media Player notified me that I had the most recent version, I have 3.0.14. ON the Videolan website I was offered the 32-bit version for a 64-bit machine despite having no settings in operation that spoof my machine, manually going through the download page found me the 64-bit version of 3.0.15.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
* Fix delays when seeking with D3D11
Ahh, finally after all these years they have fixed this. This issue is one of the main reasons I moved away from VLC back a few years ago and even made my brother switch who has always used VLC as far as I can remember.
Glad it's fixed now.
Here's VLC with massive lag while seeking in the previous version: 3.0.14 or anything prior to the latest version.

v.gif

Now here's VLC with the latest version: 3.0.15.

vl.gifvl2.gif

No more seeking issue (y)

Special

Level 1
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Those patch notes are incomplete for some reason, the full one is this;

Changes between 3.0.14 and 3.0.15:
----------------------------------

Core:
* Add Opus & Alac wave format mappings

Access:
* Fix opening DVD folders with non-ascii characters

Demux:
* Fix asf regression with broadcast streams
* MP4: Fix audio drop on seek

Video Output:
* Fix seek & volume sliders overlapping with subtitles
* Fix delays when seeking with D3D11

Text renderer:
* Improve freetype fonts outlining

Misc:
* Fix GnuTLS support for Windows XP

---

Source? the NEWS.txt file that comes with the package.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.