Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Release notes:
What's New
  • This release resolves CVE-2022-31705. For more information on this vulnerability and its impact on VMware products, see VMSA-2022-0033.
  • This release contains bug fixes.

Prior Releases

Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Workstation 16 Player are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:

Resolved Issues

• Installation of Microsoft Windows 11 or Windows Server 2022 on a virtual machine fails
    When you try to install Microsoft Windows 11 or Windows Server 2022 operating system on a virtual machine, the installation might fail with the following error message:
    Unsupported processor
    This issue is resolved.
2022-12-14_10-21-03.jpg

2022-12-14_10-24-15.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
fwiw, vmware support suggested that v16.2.5 might install and run guest win11 even though my host "PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11" (slightly older xeon cpu not on ms approved list). Installed v16.2.5 pro & I have the 20 gb ms WinDev2212Eval.VMWare.zip (free). I'll see what implodes in the near future.

Reactions: upnorth

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I updated workstation pro to 16.2.5. The previous version had been running my Guest win10vm like molasses, so spent the most of the day doing geeky tweaks to the Guest, like a several hours with windows updates, and now all is good and fast. Excellent way to start the new year!! 🤪

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.