App Review Voodooshield Beta 3.35 Auto-Pilot Mode

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
it was my major issue with VS and source of argues with its dev; now it is fine. :D
Yup. I know that "argument" last year. Plus it's doesn't work well that time so I have to uninstall it and try AG.

Now coming back to this and give another chance since everyone is hype about the new improvements. :p

Anyway with the autopilot free version, there isn't much I can do on the configuration. Wondered if the purchase version would "harden" the security better with tweakings? or it doesn't help much?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Anyway with the autopilot free version, there isn't much I can do on the configuration. Wondered if the purchase version would "harden" the security better with tweakings? or it doesn't help much?

has a Pro version owner i can say , the pro version is better in term of control ; for example i disabled VT whitelisting and set VS in paranoid mode.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Not really happy of those command line alert during installation of legitimate software. Is there any way for their developers to remove them? A good way to teach a beginner to use this program would be to say him to click allow only if there are command line alerts

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Not really happy of those command line alert during installation of legitimate software. Is there any way for their developers to remove them? A good way to teach a beginner to use this program would be to say him to click allow only if there are command line alerts
Previously there was vulnerable processes option in the GUI & you were able to enable/disable monitoring of vulnerable processes. Now vulnerable processes are hardcoded & no option in the GUI.
Currently Dev is busy with freeze prob that some users are facing with VS. Once freeze issue is solved, improvements will come & vulnerable processes option will return. Hope freeze issue gets fixed soon.

I have used VS on 2 laptops, HP & Lenovo with only default Windows security i.e Windows Defender & Windows Firewall on Win 10 And never faced the freeze prob.

L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
There is in the right click tray icon menu an install mode option, it turns protection off to install software. The point of this video was to show even when in autopilot mode, the installations were relatively painless.
There is also a guide i posted yesterday. Voodooshield User Guide

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I agree with most of this, even laughed risking waking the wife :)
I do disagree however with the adding of sig-based solutions, they are quickly becoming the dinosaur of the solution options.
I do have one for On Demand scans ie HitMan Pro, but I wont rely on a sig based AV to protect me with today's risks, just not
gonna happen. I see the shift happening already and anyone with their thumb on the pulse of cyber Security can tell you Sig based
is quickly becoming something to have for that "Just In case" senario. A few short years a go this was not the case and considering
computing without A sig based AV was considered reckless and suicide. I hate change just like the next guy and I am sure there are
the AV fanboys who will argue this to the death, but it is happening never the less, and its not hard to see in today's security landscape.
The dinosaurness remains to be seen though companies are slowly adding new features. Maybe one of them boldly decide to get rid of them signatures bringing a catalyst for change.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.