New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hey Guys,

Here is CyberLock 7.44! There were a few small changes, and one big unexpected change. CyberLock has a loop that runs on its own thread that performs tasks like checking to see if it should toggle or not, hide in full screen, etc. Anyway, to make a long story short, we have been adding tasks to that loop for years, and I recently realized that it was overloaded with tasks, and it was starting to cause some issues. So we created a new loop that runs on its own thread, so now CyberLock should be super responsive.

Also, DefenderUI is starting to do pretty well, so we recently registered the domain name Defender.Tools and have started developing apps to further enhance Microsoft Defender.

There should not be any issues, but please let me know if you guys find anything!

CyberLock 7.74
SHA-256: 2e8ac6f85a48024bf6a8082509c039bb20f21e742d86e4296d684811329702e2

Thank you guys!

Dan
What sort of apps? Hints.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
We added a “Download the latest stable beta CyberLock” link to the download section of our website under the main Download button, so the latest stable version will always be listed there.
So I can have a stable beta but only a "download Cyberlock"? *duck*
For me the wording would make more sense the other way around. Like "download stable cyberlock" or "newest" beta.
Isn't the purpose/definition of a beta to find flaws and be aware that problems can happen?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
So I can have a stable beta but only a "download Cyberlock"? *duck*
For me the wording would make more sense the other way around. Like "download stable cyberlock" or "newest" beta.
Isn't the purpose/definition of a beta to find flaws and be aware that problems can happen?
We can word it however it makes sense, I am fine with it either way. Many years ago our beta versions were probably not stable enough for the public. But the last 6-7 years, they have been stable, and I just didn't want anyone to think they would be downloading a version that was not stable.

We should not have to make any major changes for the foreseeable future, but if we do, then the beta versions might not be all that stable. If this happens, we will note it on our website.

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
@danb CyberLock installation should fix the problem of enabling "startup boost" in Edge. Installing CL activated the startup boost setting, causing a few settings changes in Edge with the lock icon. I used my backup program to restore Edge settings to their original state.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb CyberLock installation should fix the problem of enabling "startup boost" in Edge. Installing CL activated the startup boost setting, causing a few settings changes in Edge with the lock icon. I used my backup program to restore Edge settings to their original state.
Sounds good... I just disabled this so it won't be an issue anymore, and it will be included in the next version. BTW, when you uninstall CyberLock, it should set the startup boost settings to default, thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.