danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
To simplify the user prompt, what do you think of replacing VoodooAi and WhitelistCloud verdicts on the normal alert with CyberLock, which will show the adjusted result of VAi + WCL? You can show VAi and WCL verdicts when the user hovers over the CyberLock result. Similarly, you can show Safe/Unsafe (the adjusted result of VAi + WCL) on the simple alert and show VAi and WCL verdicts when the user hovers over Safe/Unsafe.
Thank you for the suggestions! Something like that might be really cool, please keep the suggestions coming!

scorpionv

Level 2
Apr 20, 2020
I've struggled with Rules before, but I discovered today that Cyberlock only takes the real (UNC) folder path for a rule to work. A drive mapping won't work, and an alias won't work either (we ended up with a lot of path aliasses thanks to several server migrations, and there seems to be no incentive for IT to sort out the mess ).

Request @danb:
Translate the 'Rules' path to a UNC path on entering, to avoid creating a non-working rule.
For that to work, you probably need to translate all executable paths (on open) to UNC as well, but I suspect that already happens.

Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I've struggled with Rules before, but I discovered today that Cyberlock only takes the real (UNC) folder path for a rule to work. A drive mapping won't work, and an alias won't work either (we ended up with a lot of path aliasses thanks to several server migrations, and there seems to be no incentive for IT to sort out the mess ).

Request @danb:
Translate the 'Rules' path to a UNC path on entering, to avoid creating a non-working rule.
For that to work, you probably need to translate all executable paths (on open) to UNC as well, but I suspect that already happens.
Interesting, thank you for finding that! I will take a look at that as soon as I get a chance.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
It's voodooshield compatible with the free version of DefenderUI free
Is there any plan to include DefenderUI free settings in voodoo shield?
Can you make DefenderUI settings adaptive as well? for example lower the AV sensitivity of full screen/gaming ir using the highest level while browsing. Something like the smart mode in Voodooshield but independent of it.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It's voodooshield compatible with the free version of DefenderUI free
Is there any plan to include DefenderUI free settings in voodoo shield?
Can you make DefenderUI settings adaptive as well? for example lower the AV sensitivity of full screen/gaming ir using the highest level while browsing. Something like the smart mode in Voodooshield but independent of it.
I know, it is confusing at first because we are trying to fit every use case the best we can, but it is actually as simple as this decision tree.

VoodooSoft Decision Tree.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

Request @danb:
Cool, sorry for the delay, I can look at this now. Can you please give me a simple example of what kind of rule you are trying to create that does not work with the current version, and would require a UNC path? I just need to see it for myself to really understand the whole picture. Please either post an example or email us at support at cyberlock.global. Thank you!

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Daniel, just a comment. You may want to consider changing the name back to Voodoo Shield. When I google it the first thing that comes up is your website. When I google Cyberlock there's at least a 20 sites that come up first that are not yours. I have no idea if this means anything but I was under the impression that search results mean money. Just a thought, I know you won't change it again.

Last edited:

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
@Digmor Crusher
I share your opinion that Cyberlock is not a good choice of name. However, I don't think a return to VoodooShield is a good idea either. It just sounds dubious. If the financial institution I use for online banking asks me how my PC is secured and I answer: With VoodooShield, then they will probably end their business relationship with me. ;)

kailyn

Level 2
Jun 6, 2024
Daniel, just a comment. You may want to consider changing the name back to Voodoo Shield. When I google it the first thing that comes up is your website. When I google Cyberlock there's at least a 20 sites that come up first that are not yours. I have no idea if this means anything but I was under the impression that search results mean money. Just a thought, I know you won't change it again.

CyberLock from Lockton Affinity, LLC

The distance between Lockton Affinity, LLC and Voodoosoft, LLC is 4 miles.

Reactions: Oldie1950

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
And then there is:
"

CyberLock​

CyberLock is a key-centric access control system designed to increase security, accountability, and key control throughout your organization. "

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.