danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I understand very well how users are mislead to believe anyone can use a tool designed for advanced users. You are claiming though your tool is fault, bug, free and it's simplicity will underwhelm everyone, this is not true.

Just stating, hey my tool requires some knowledge of system files and how applications you choose to use work would go a long way towards it's reality.

Have to apologize, I was unaware you owned this thread. Hope it didn't cost you too much to purchase.
The irony here is that he did figure out how to configure VS 😂.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thanks for the reply Dan, I only wished to make you aware of a possible risk so you could fix it and I'm sorry that Ultimate Vision didn't understand it. What could happen if a "average user" accidentally executes a malicious file (not the case of DocXV.exe) and Cyberlock doesn't alert him ?
Sure, thank you as well, sorry I could not respond earlier! The only way to fix this issue permanently is to add all of the file manager software products to CyberLock's global vulnerable list, so if anyone knows of any file manager software we need to add, please let me know so we can add them.

But as I was saying, anyone advanced enough to use a file manager other than Windows Explorer will quickly realize that CyberLock is not blocking its child processes and will either figure out how to correct this in CyberLock settings, or will shoot us an email to let us know so we can add it to the global vulnerable app list.

I am not all that worried about this issue because we have most of the common file managers already included in our global vulnerable list. I would however, be deeply concerned if CyberLock did not block LOLBins / fileless malware out of the box, and required the user to manually research and add these advanced attack vectors, simply because in this scenario, the end user would not realize they are not protected until they are infected ;).

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

The irony here is that he did figure out how to configure VS 😂.
The irony here is you refuse to accept a simple reality, you have also shown exactly what you are like for those paying attention.

I would support developers like Andy ful before you any day, he's straight forward, does not attack users, shows manors, and is helpful. What a developer should be like.

I don't have anything else to say in your thread so if you wish to continue this, please respond in your usual manor.

@Avethil I'm very aware of what you were dealing with, understanding, yes, I tested that product before you even knew it existed.

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
You're right, I was just curious to understand the reason of the different Cyberlock's behavior by using 2 different file managers as Explorer and FreeCommander and, as also highlighted by the user rhythm, the reason why disabling the option "Automatically allow by parent process (disable if you are using a web or vulnerable app that is not listed below) Cyberlock didn't show the alert, even if FreeCommander wasn't in that list.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
The irony here is you refuse to accept a simple reality, you have also shown exactly what you are like for those paying attention.

I would support developers like Andy ful before you any day, he's straight forward, does not attack users, shows manors, and is helpful. What a developer should be like.

I don't have anything else to say in your thread so if you wish to continue this, please respond in your usual manor.

@Avethil I'm very aware of what you were dealing with, understanding, yes, I tested that product before you even knew it existed.
Please post one single post of mine where I attacked ANY user, that is not one of your 10+ accounts that have been banned. You cannot find one because it does not exist.

JT, you are selling a product that requires vendor management, which essentially means that administrators cannot even properly configure your software without the help of the vendor. This is on the extreme far end of usability, yet you continue to bash CyberLock for its usability.

Now that is ironic.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
You're right, I was just curious to understand the reason of the different Cyberlock's behavior by using 2 different file managers as Explorer and FreeCommander and, as also highlighted by the user rhythm, the reason why disabling the option "Automatically allow by parent process (disable if you are using a web or vulnerable app that is not listed below) Cyberlock didn't show the alert, even if FreeCommander wasn't in that list.

Yeah, the only real way to fix this is to add them to the vulnerable apps list, which takes less than a minute for me to do, and the vulnerable apps are updated every 4 hours on every endpoint.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Please post one single post of mine where I attacked ANY user, that is not one of your 10+ accounts that have been banned. You cannot find one because it does not exist.

JT, you are selling a product that requires vendor management, which essentially means that administrators cannot even properly configure your software without the help of the vendor. This is on the extreme far end of usability, yet you continue to bash CyberLock for its usability.

Now that is ironic.
I am not lock down, the staff know who I am quite well, as do you since i invited you over here from Wilders back in 2016 helping you back then. Then I was known as lucent warrior, before that I was the moderator illumination, that lost my account due to arguing with a developer like you who thought they could just bully and berate anyone they wish.

I can't direct users to see that you just did what I explained to another thread because the OP had it deleted right after you did and I responded.

You got mad at me back on my last accounts because I called you out on a video you made where you spoofed the results in a non professional manor. Anyone else remember this.

Just because you have a product does not give you the right to treat users any certain way.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
The only way to fix this issue permanently is to add all of the file manager software products to CyberLock's global vulnerable list, so if anyone knows of any file manager software we need to add, please let me know so we can add them.
I think the "Q-Dir" filemanager is missing under global vulnerable (but since I never really understood the way stuff there is presented I could be wrong).

But as I was saying, anyone advanced enough to use a file manager other than Windows Explorer will quickly realize that CyberLock is not blocking its child processes and will either figure out how to correct this in CyberLock settings, or will shoot us an email to let us know so we can add it to the global vulnerable app list.
Sorry but I have to disagree there. I used CL and Q-Dir for years and never thought about child processes that would matter if I would open files from within Q-Dir. I only used Q-Dir to shuffle files around four drives (and nothing else) but I can totally see people opening files from within Q-Dir and not giving it any second thought.

I can see basic users using a file manager for basic needs (like just 3-4 windows at once) and not the hundreds of advanced options that some offer.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I think the "Q-Dir" filemanager is missing under global vulnerable (but since I never really understood the way stuff there is presented I could be wrong).

Sorry but I have to disagree there. I used VS and Q-Dir for years and never thought about child processes that would matter if I would open files from within Q-Dir. I only used Q-Dir to shuffle files around four drives (and nothing else) but I can totally see people opening files from within Q-Dir not not giving it any second thought.

I can see basic users using a file manager for basic needs (like just 3-4 windows at once) and not the hundreds of advanced options that some offer.
Thank you, I will add Q-Dir too. It sounds like you never executed a file from Q-Dir, and that you only move files around. If that is the case, it is not surprising at all that you were not curious why CL did not block a file. I am not suggesting that every single user would realize this, but I think most would. But either way, that is why I was saying the permanent fix is add all file managers to the vulnerability list.

Edit... BTW, if you did use Q-Dir to launch files, you might not realize that CyberLock is not blocking the file right away, but I bet you would have realized it at some point. But either way, we need the permanent fix.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@danb CL seems to not like "The witcher 3" signature, VT says signature is valid. Same "not safe" for both files DX11? and DX12 version
c5e8b40ddc8a4d143903362bf0842913b16ecb001683396927056e4345ea56be
e0b6bf0db15d97d022ba527f6b98e8820a5a12721c4ed2d671d4a7b78e33b840
Untitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@danb I assume xplorer2 is in CL list of file managers, if not, please add it. I have both paid version and free version depending on VM I'm using... Thanks!!

Reactions: danb
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

1. FreeCommander is downloaded by average users every single day, so the argument that the user would not have downloaded it because they are an average user is false.The millions of downloads of FreeCommander is testament to its ease-of-use by even novices who want something better than Windows Explorer. The tool has never been a tool just for above-average users and higher levels.
2. The user did figure out VS, but it took them 4 days on a forum to do so. That is far from the ease-of-use that you claim you created in the product.
3. The fact that there are multiple VS threads with literally thousands of posts from advanced users asking you for help is further proof that the VS usability is not the ease-of-use that you claim.
4. Every single lab or other evaluation that you have commissioned to test VS has stated that it is for advanced users. Independent evaluators that did not ask for your permission to assess and rate the product state the product should not be used by anyone other than advanced, experienced users.

Screenshot_20231216-123532.pngScreenshot_20231216-123513.pngScreenshot_20231216-123452.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
1. FreeCommander is downloaded by average users every single day, so the argument that the user would not have downloaded it because they are an average user is false.The millions of downloads of FreeCommander is testament to its ease-of-use by even novices who want something better than Windows Explorer. The tool has never been a tool just for above-average users and higher levels.
2. The user did figure out VS, but it took them 4 days on a forum to do so. That is far from the ease-of-use that you claim you created in the product.
3. The fact that there are multiple VS threads with literally thousands of posts from advanced users asking you for help is further proof that the VS usability is not the ease-of-use that you claim.
4. Every single lab or other evaluation that you have commissioned to test VS has stated that it is for advanced users. Independent evaluators that did not ask for your permission to assess and rate the product state the product should not be used by anyone other than advanced, experienced users.

View attachment 280318View attachment 280317View attachment 280316
You are one creepy guy. Well, thankfully Rubenkng did not say something like "User errors in advanced configuration can cause serious problems.", that would have been a catastrophic deal breaker.

Over 75% of our users are complete novices to average users and they absolutely love CyberLock, the exact same way you did before you got mad at me because I did not hire you. They also use it properly and effectively, unlike UAC and certain other zero-trust products.

BTW, almost NO ONE tweaks cybersecurity software settings except for cybersecurity professionals and enthusiasts, so your argument does not hold water. End users are not supposed to know how to tweak their cybersecurity settings, unless they become enthusiasts or pros.

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb I assume xplorer2 is in CL list of file managers, if not, please add it. I have both paid version and free version depending on VM I'm using... Thanks!!

It should be, if not I will add them all once we create a list. BTW, it is easy to tell if it is on the list, all you do is run the app, and if it shows up with a check mark in the Advanced tab, you know it is already on the list, thank you!

• +Reputation
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Over 75% of our users are complete novices to average users and they absolutely love CyberLock, the exact same way you did before you got mad at me because I did not hire you. They also use it properly and effectively, unlike UAC and certain other zero-trust products.
I am absolutely amazed at the length you will go to lie, to cover that facts being set straight here. The post still stands, there are no lies in it. I did not make up anything that can not be seen right here in this thread.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I am absolutely amazed at the length you will go to lie, to cover that facts being set straight here. The post still stands, there are no lies in it. I did not make up anything that can not be seen right here in this thread.
Wow, did you really wait by the computer for me to respond all that time while I was at the park with Gracie? Dude, get out and get some fresh air.

You have NO idea who our user base is, but I can assure you that well over 75% are not advanced users.

BTW, the other reason we know you are JT is because you are the ONLY one who has attacked VoodooShield / CyberLock in the last 6 years besides your buddy from Vietnam. And your persistence speaks novels. Keep talking, the more you do, the more we know it is you.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

BTW, almost NO ONE tweaks cybersecurity software settings except for cybersecurity professionals and enthusiasts, so your argument does not hold water. End users are not supposed to know how to tweak their cybersecurity settings, unless they become enthusiasts or pros.
Using that as the counterargument to established, widely accepted, accurate and fair assessments of your product reveals that you will go to any lengths as long as it suits your agenda.

You publicly made the opposite statement many times that "competitor" products are flawed because non-enthusiasts and non-pros go in and cannot figure out the settings or the product. So you're a hypocrite and it is public record.

The existence of this thread alone disproves what you are saying.

You have throngs of users submitting support requests to VS support because they cannot figure the product out. You cannot lie about it because you publicly stated as much. Not once, but multiple times across multiple forums.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.