danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Using that as the counterargument to established, widely accepted, accurate and fair assessments of your product reveals that you will go to any lengths as long as it suits your agenda.

You publicly made the opposite statement many times that "competitor" products are flawed because non-enthusiasts and non-pros go in and cannot figure out the settings or the product. So you're a hypocrite and it is public record.

The existence of this thread alone disproves what you are saying.

You have throngs of users submitting support requests to VS support because they cannot figure the product out. You cannot lie about it because you publicly stated as much. Not once, but multiple times across multiple forums.
I have been extremely consistent in maintaining that security products should work well for most people, out of the box, with zero configuration required and optimal efficacy.

You and your Vietnam buddy say that your product needs to be manually "tailored" to each endpoint to function properly. I knew this was silly at the time, just as it is silly today. In fact, it was always a rationalization for a proven bypass or unwanted block.

As I have always said, cybersecurity products should work great out of the box in default settings, with as little configuration possible. This also helps to demonstrate how advanced and well developed the product is.

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It should be, if not I will add them all once we create a list. BTW, it is easy to tell if it is on the list, all you do is run the app, and if it shows up with a check mark in the Advanced tab, you know it is already on the list, thank you!
ref xplorer2, I checked Settings | Advanced tab and I do not see xplorer2 listed. I'd rate myself somewhere between average to VS enthusiast, I pretty much leave VS/CL default config -- it just works IMO and has worked for me for 10+ years, while appreciating all your improvements over the years.

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
It's the same for me. I think CyberLock is a robust security software, you can leave it on default settings but also it has a lot of options so you can configure it to your needs and Dan is prone to listen to forum's users for fixing issues and improve Cyberlock. As for xplorer2 you can add it manually by clicking on the button "Add vulnerable app" and browse to the xplorer2 executable, like I did for FreeCommander XE and Directory Opus.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

You're right, I was just curious to understand the reason of the different Cyberlock's behavior by using 2 different file managers as Explorer and FreeCommander and, as also highlighted by the user rhythm, the reason why disabling the option "Automatically allow by parent process (disable if you are using a web or vulnerable app that is not listed below) Cyberlock didn't show the alert, even if FreeCommander wasn't in that list.
Download managers would also apply. Can you verify with your download manager, if you have one? Can you provide the "Last Snapshot Scan" time for WhitelistCloud on your system? It's consistently over 600 seconds here now, which is a significant increase from just a few seconds before. The most recent "Last Snapshot Scan" took over 900 seconds.
Yeah, the only real way to fix this is to add them to the vulnerable apps list, which takes less than a minute for me to do, and the vulnerable apps are updated every 4 hours on every endpoint.
I'm slightly worried about this response: "Yeah, the only real way to fix this is to add them to the vulnerable apps list." I disabled the "Automatically allow by parent process" for CL to alert me about any file vulnerable apps run, whether or not they are on the list. The functionality of this feature is crucial to me since I don't use any antivirus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
I downloaded a setup exe file with Internet Download manager and opened it from there, Cyberlock correctly showed the alert but Internet Download Manager was already in the vulnerable app list. As I didn't manually add Internet Download Manager to that list, I presume that CyberLock automatically did it when I ran Internet Download Manager for the first time. With FreeCommander XE and Directory Opus, CyberLock didn't do the same thing.

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
Some time ago (2 months I think), I had it enabled but my CPU usages raised a bit when it did the scan so I preferred to disable it. Unfortunately I don't remember how many seconds it took to do the snapshot scan but the 15 minutes you report are really many, perhaps too many.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I downloaded a setup exe file with Internet Download manager and opened it from there, Cyberlock correctly showed the alert but Internet Download Manager was already in the vulnerable app list. As I didn't manually add Internet Download Manager to that list, I presume that CyberLock automatically did it when I ran Internet Download Manager for the first time. With FreeCommander XE and Directory Opus, CyberLock didn't do the same thing.
I was using IDM, but now I'm trying out Ant Download Manager, which offers a lifetime upgrade license. I removed ADM entries from the Whitelist and added it, along with its extension, to the list of vulnerable apps, as CL doesn't classify it as a vulnerable app. Sumatra PDF with ADM downloaded and opened (executed) with no CL alerts.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I don't want to be too intrusive but maybe you should use one. I have Microsoft Defender and it integrates well with Cyberlock.
My preferred security option for years has been Comodo Firewall, with no antivirus. I'm trying CyberLock as a potential replacement since the upcoming Comodo upgrade seems to lack the alert option for the auto-containment feature I was expecting. Running antivirus is not my preference either way.

• Wow

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
I was using IDM, but now I'm trying out Ant Download Manager, which offers a lifetime upgrade license. I removed ADM entries from the Whitelist and added it, along with its extension, to the list of vulnerable apps, as CL doesn't classify it as a vulnerable app
I also have Ant Download Manager (Giveaway version), added C:\Program Files\Ant Download Manager\AntDM.exe to the vulnerable app list as it wasn't here, as you wrote rightly, downloaded the same setup exe file as I did before with Internet Download Manager and I opened that file in Ant Download Manager UI. CyberLock correctly showed the alert, I don't know why it didn't in your case.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I also have Ant Download Manager (Giveaway version), added C:\Program Files\Ant Download Manager\AntDM.exe to the vulnerable app list as it wasn't here, as you wrote rightly, downloaded the same setup exe file as I did before with Internet Download Manager and I opened that file in Ant Download Manager UI. CyberLock correctly showed the alert, I don't know why it didn't in your case.
Which setup executable file are you experimenting with?
For Sumatra PDF I assume that CyberLock's alerts don't trigger for PDF files but only for EXE files.
I was actually talking about the Sumatra EXE installer file.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.