Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Had a small window into VS over issues with command line. I tend to agree VS seems in need of some creative answers. Attempted to run scripts in Training mode to see if it is possible to use TM to get around an alert nag that makes VS unusable for me. Hoped the program would Whitelist all the activity. It just blocked them without even an alert in training mode. It has recorded one single cmd line entry from conhost but didn't do it with the batch files. Maybe devs didn't like the idea of .bat running in Training mode?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
VS is blocking all installers. Doesn't show a prompt, doesn't even make a log entry. I exited VS, and all of the sudden a whole bunch of things I had clicked on wanted to run.
This software is broken.
I don't know what happened
did you have other softwares alongside VS? comodo?
It never happens to me and many users on Wilders. Something is wrong

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't know what happened
did you have other softwares alongside VS? comodo?
It never happens to me and many users on Wilders. Something is wrong
right, it is weird.
I impatiently and petulantly uninstalled VS and moved on, but with hindsight, I kind of think it was because of HitmanPro.Alert. Something was gumming up the works and stopping VS from doing its required actions.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I was running VS and HMPA side by side for quite some time and
had no issues, I switched out to test E-AM and DeepArmor combo.
If you don't figure this out let Dan know will ya ?
I will be going back to my VS & HMPA combo as that is my default
config.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I was running VS and HMPA side by side for quite some time and
had no issues, I switched out to test E-AM and DeepArmor combo.
If you don't figure this out let Dan know will ya ?
I will be going back to my VS & HMPA combo as that is my default
config.
I also never had probs like this in the past. Maybe the new HMPA and the new VS don't like each other. If I get a chance, I will try it out again, and make some exceptions in HMPA if necessary.
After all, I am running Rollback Rx right now, so that's a good excuse to play around with configs.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I also never had probs like this in the past. Maybe the new HMPA and the new VS don't like each other. If I get a chance, I will try it out again, and make some exceptions in HMPA if necessary.
After all, I am running Rollback Rx right now, so that's a good excuse to play around with configs.
okay, I get the same problem even without HMPA installed. So that's not it.
And I did not have COMODO installed when I first saw the issue, so that's not it either.
I did report the problem on the other forum, back when I first encountered it.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
VS is blocking all installers. Doesn't show a prompt, doesn't even make a log entry. I exited VS, and all of the sudden a whole bunch of things I had clicked on wanted to run.
This software is broken.
ThIs happened to me... once. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's not happened again since. If the problem does reoccur I will report it to Dan.

I don't consider the software broken and nor do a lot of satisfied users.

VS is still in my opinion the best program of its kind and suits my needs perfectly.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
ThIs happened to me... once. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's not happened again since. If the problem does reoccur I will report it to Dan.

I don't consider the software broken and nor do a lot of satisfied users.

VS is still in my opinion the best program of its kind and suits my needs perfectly.
I will edit my overly harsh comment. I tried again, and it still doesn't work for me, but obviously it does work for other users...

EDIT: oops, can't edit that previous comment anymore, it is too old. Anyways, I take it back...

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I will edit my overly harsh comment. I tried again, and it still doesn't work for me, but obviously it does work for other users...

EDIT: oops, can't edit that previous comment anymore, it is too old. Anyways, I take it back...
Thank you for retracting your statement. I can understand and sympathise with your frustration :)

Have you tried removing all your settings files in ProgramData and then reinstallIng afresh?
Have you rebooted your PC?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
avast free
Don't take it personally but if you don't clean install or revert to a clean image after you try a security program you will have issues. I am just saying because i know you test a lot of software. Though in this case it might be VS. I also find it really buggy in the last few months.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Don't take it personally but if you don't clean install or revert to a clean image after you try a security program you will have issues. I am just saying because i know you test a lot of software. Though in this case it might be VS. I also find it really buggy in the last few months.
yep, I am afraid you're right.
VS will just have to join Bitdefender on the list of softs that won't work for me until next clean install.

Fortunately, my favorites still work: ReHIPS, NVT ERP, COMODO, Kaspersky.

In the mean time, I clean reinstalled ReHIPS, which temporarily wasn't installing right for me, because I was in a standard user account. Now that I converted the account into admin, ReHIPS installs correctly.
Maybe someday I'll settle down to a normal life...

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
yep, I am afraid you're right.
VS will just have to join Bitdefender on the list of softs that won't work for me until next clean install.

Fortunately, my favorites still work: ReHIPS, NVT ERP, COMODO, Kaspersky.

In the mean time, I clean reinstalled ReHIPS, which temporarily wasn't installing right for me, because I was in a standard user account. Now that I converted the account into admin, ReHIPS installs correctly.
Maybe someday I'll settle down to a normal life...
I was you a few years back. Now i just try things in the VM but never really actually change my pc setup because i am in love with it.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Hello, I tried to get in touch with Dan on the other forum, but it appers my posts are not approved for some unknown reason. Can you ask Dan this, please?

Good morning, I'm really proud of your software, I have a question to ask. Why don't you set VoodooShield on Autopilot mode to allow all command lines coming from trusted installers? It's really annoying to click allow each time. That would be useful also for beginners, who don't usually interact with the product (if they don't click allow, their installation will stuck at a certain point). About disabling VS when installing a new product... That's not secure at all for beginners, who could disable the software thinking to install a program, instead it was malware... They should be able to fully use their machine without turning off the product. I could help you translating the software into Italian, if you need help

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hello, I tried to get in touch with Dan on the other forum, but it appers my posts are not approved for some unknown reason. Can you ask Dan this, please?

Good morning, I'm really proud of your software, I have a question to ask. Why don't you set VoodooShield on Autopilot mode to allow all command lines coming from trusted installers? It's really annoying to click allow each time. That would be useful also for beginners, who don't usually interact with the product (if they don't click allow, their installation will stuck at a certain point). About disabling VS when installing a new product... That's not secure at all for beginners, who could disable the software thinking to install a program, instead it was malware... They should be able to fully use their machine without turning off the product. I could help you translating the software into Italian, if you need help
I asked your question. If/when he replies i will post it here.

Edit: Was told to remove the question and wait until the post is approved by the mod team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.