Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
lowdetection thanks for your answer.
I don't see any error or something in both logs.
And now it is working again, very strange....
EDIT: It must be something with VS, because when I launch portable Wise Disk Cleaner for the first time I get internet connection not detected error from VS while Wise Disk Cleaner just updated itself over that same internet connection.
Today was Windows update day, it can do some weird things to the system. If tomorrow is better, I would just forget about it.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
In 3.5.9 I was getting .NET errors sometime when connection not detected. And the GUI crashed. Usually I restarted and was ok.

Your problem not first time I hear, already saw on my PC during Summer. :)

Is that unless everything go really wrong, I don't look at the .log

On 4.1.0 never saw yet that.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
410b is working fine on my laptop but it still asks me at start in what mode I want to use it and it needs to take a snapshot.
It did it with the other versions before, even after deleting the .db files as after uninstalling it, rebooting and installing the latest beta( no VS folder in program data).
Does anyone still has this issue?

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
410b is working fine on my laptop but it still asks me at start in what mode I want to use it and it needs to take a snapshot.
It did it with the other versions before, even after deleting the .db files as after uninstalling it, rebooting and installing the latest beta( no VS folder in program data).
Yes, same here also hanging at shutdown.
I'm sure it will be figured out soon.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Today was Windows update day, it can do some weird things to the system. If tomorrow is better, I would just forget about it.

yeah I updated win7 last night, seemingly successfully, and then left the pc running overnight as I usually do, and this morning VS had crashed, I don't remember the details now, and I tried to email the logs to Dan, but that project crashed too. I shut win7 down, came back 8 hours later, and it's all working ok. No good idea what had happened overnight to crash VS, as all the updates were done, and updates are not automatic here. voodoo/ie thing...

Reactions: vtqhtr413

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you Solarquest and everyone who has reported this bug... it should be fixed in the version below. If not, I have a really good idea of what else might be causing this issue. Basically, there is a global variable in VS named FirstRun, and it is not being saved to settings, but this should fix it.

Also, I temporarily disabled the 8 or so settings that were being saved when VS shuts down... I am hoping that this will fix the Windows shutdown issue that some users are experiencing.

https://www.voodooshield.co/Download/InstallVoodooShield411beta.exe

Anyway, please try 4.11b and let me know if either or both issues are fixed. Thank you guys!

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Soon to say, completely uninstalled the 4.10b and Installed the 4.11b, I noted a more fast Reset Whitelist than before.
Not sure if is only my impression.

As usual, if find something strange will report. ;) (y)

Should be white the text? Or that is expected when action is done? I think is expected.
So ok. :)
zkvXJTH.png

qbXaEo4.png

cZ2es8n.png

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Startup issue is gone, no snapshot and saving snapshot Bravo and I really mean that but it is still hanging at shutdown, sad to have to say so, could be just my setup but my gut says no. Keep going DanB, you got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.