Which is better: VoodooShield free version, or Comodo Free Firewall 10 at CruelSister settings?

• VoodooShield free version

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • Comodo Free Firewall 10 at CruelSister settings

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Both, in combo

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Default/deny solutions are not for me

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I hate polls

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Total voters

shmu26

Level 78
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
one more very important for the comparison is the Compatibility with other security software
as there is not one software solution for all security issues

at the momment i prefer VoodooShield Free because of eset Compatibility
There is no question about it: VS is much more compatible with other security software. It is specifically designed to be a companion app. Comodo is not.

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
There is no question about it: VS is much more compatible with other security software. It is specifically designed to be a companion app. Comodo is not.
Absolutely right. I intended to mention this in my previous post but forgot. My only slight, and it is a very, very slight niggle about VS, is having to remember to disable it when installing something. Other than that is has been a pleasure to use, the total opposite of Comodo.

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
Comodo is for tweakers like me, believing it may be used by Average Joe is illusion.
I couldn't agree more, as I said in my last but one post, and any claims by Comodo to the contrary are wrong. For me, usability and accessibility to typical users should always be major factors when assessing the merits or otherwise of a product, and when that product can effectively only be used by a small percentage of computer users, I can't recommend it.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 10
Verified
A few noobs are using Comodo on Cruel Sister settings only they probably don`t even realise it or care.Setup of course by more knowledgable friends or family members.

I eventually had say goodbye to Comodo after I realised that I could disable it via taskmanager...not good,otherwise I`d use both.

Regards Eck:)

shmu26

Level 78
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Use VS free as primary protection, and CF (at my settings) for the Outbound Firewall protection and sandbox and to catch VS if it falls.
Anyone know of real or hypothetical cases like this, where VS drops the ball, and CFW catches it?
Sounds juicy.

Reactions: uninfected1