App Review Voodooshield Pro 7.0 (Demonstration and Review)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Voodooshield test!
Voodooshield is an American software, which does not replace your antivirus.
Indeed, its role is to protect you against unknown or 0-day threats that your antivirus cannot see...
In the Pro version, you have WhistListCloud, a new technology from Voodooshield that determines via algorithms if the file is malicious or not! And very quickly!
But, let's see how it behaves in a test situation.

The software behaves very well. The activation of the Pro version is done via an account (I have hidden my information, I have a Pro account, partnership obliges :D ) that you create when you buy the software.
The settings are unlocked in the Pro version, but I find it very well configured by default!
You also have access to WhitelistCloud, and its rules.

Protection level, it's a no-fail ! Voodooshield is awesome!
WhistListCloud was even able to help VoodooAI on 2 URLs (suspicious) and I was able to send them to quarantine.
Of course, it doesn't replace an antivirus, but it will become your best friend for protection!

RAM Usage : Very light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : VoodooAI and WhistListCloud block all files

Result :
- Hitman Pro : 0
- ESET : 0
Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes . System clean

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks for the test (y)

You can download the standalone WhitelistCloud app when using VoodooShield Free (or other software):
More info on WhitelistCloud can be found here:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Thanks for the nice video. Whitelist cloud only knows "safe" and "not safe". A "not safe" file doesn't mean it's a virus. It's just not known to be safe.
E.g. Sabnzb.exe 4434d2d70bae30375221aab512f05e16c373a8b39418754118db883445d654df VT 0/66 (WLC verdict: Not safe)
There are other files but that's the first one I remembered instantly.

Edit:
Should files labeled as "suspicious" count as detected? (I saw at least two in the video) They are not labeled unsafe as an end result.
E.g. d95a1ff12edee922288fc69b4c8b2f4c5696c9cde3ecf3fbb7f22eebda11b73e Easy Service Optimizer (from Sordum.org) is also labeled as end result "suspicious". 0/67 VT

What I mean is: Suspicious as an end result in VS doesn't mean it a virus, only that it could be one. Please don't take that as bashing I really like your work :)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I did not use this program, but it is interesting to know why the program has such a name. Shield is understandable. And the first part of the word is somehow connected with African religions? 🤔
@danb posted at Wilders on Dec 11, 2011:
Yeah, we were afraid that some people may not like the name, but the name just fit, and it kind of stuck :). Think of it as shielding you from Voodoo. Then again, a lot of people have Dirt Devil vacuums, so I hope people will get used to the name :).

We are located in the Overland Park / Kansas City area, and will be posting our company info online soon. I have been a computer consultant for the last 12 years, and I am tired of my clients getting viruses. Nothing seems to stop everything, or if it does, is too difficult to use. We wanted something that was incredibly simple to use, and highly effective. The other 2 developers are great with coding, and have been coding much longer than 12 years.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.