Advice Request Voodooshield product key error

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi I won one of the keys for Voodooshield , but cannot activate key .I keep getting "Voodooshield is unable to connect to the in ternet to confirm your registration"". I can scan a file and voodoo looks it up but that is it.I tried just keeping windows frewall on ,I uninstalled Wisevector, rebboted many times .None of these work.Any ideas? I emailed Dan but no answer yet ,I'll wait for his response ,but wanted to see if anuone here had some ideas? Thks

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi I won one of the keys for Voodooshield , but cannot activate key .I keep getting "Voodooshield is unable to connect to the in ternet to confirm your registration"". I can scan a file and voodoo looks it up but that is it.I tried just keeping windows frewall on ,I uninstalled Wisevector, rebboted many times .None of these work.Any ideas? I emailed Dan but no answer yet ,I'll wait for his response ,but wanted to see if anuone here had some ideas? Thks
occasionally the VS server goes offline &/or they are doing a modification of the VS server(s).

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi, I emailed you back, you might check your spam folder. Are you running a VPN? Are there any firewalls blocking VS?

Since we upgraded the servers a month or two ago, they have been perfectly stable, so that is probably not the issue.

Also, the product keys start the expiration clock when the license is activated. So even if you activate the key 6 months from now, you will still get a full year.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for reply Dan no VPN running ,wisevector firewall I put the 2 VS needed to connect to internet. I'll keep trying.

Reactions: Sorrento

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How do I download non Microsoft verified apps?
Click on Apps in the Windows Settings menu. In the Apps & features section go to Choose where to get apps, click on the dropdown menu below and select one of the options that allows you to install from Anywhere. MAYBE ?? its not verified by Microsoft and if not try this, I have had download problems and changed this setting

Reactions: simmerskool

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Ok Found the problem all is good registered. I noticed that in web management there are about 110 processes checked ,do I need to start from a clean slate with this new registration and install? The web site still has 7.37 ,on here is 7.40 just wabted to add that.

Last edited:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Do you mean 110 processes that are whitelisted?
I always start from a clean slate when I uninstall and then reinstall some time later, however there is an option to keep some settings I believe, never tried it so don't know what it does.
7.40 must be a beta and that's the reason its not on the VS site yet. Pretty sure you can install overtop of 7.37 and all your settings will be saved.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
... do I need to start from a clean slate with this new registration and install? The web site still has 7.37 ,on here is 7.40 just wabted to add that.
No, unless you uninstalled the previous version and selected as per below ...
however there is an option to keep some settings I believe
Indeed, it happens during uninstall process, as it will show a splash alert asking whether you want to save settings or not. BTW, this is the sign of a well-coded app, uninstall-wise.
Pretty sure you can install overtop of 7.37 and all your settings will be saved.
Yes, again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.